Spending the night this winter in the Suites de la Potinière, which is located in the Tarentaise Valley of Savoie, will cost travelers a jaw-dropping average of $1958.
(PRWEB) January 26, 2012
The Suites de la Potiniere, situated within the exclusive Courchevel resort in the French Alps, is the most expensive luxury ski hotel in the world. That’s the finding of a new survey conducted by Luxury-Hotels.com. The number one ranking revealed itself after the average rates for a standard double room for all luxury hotels located inside ski resorts were compared. The analysis focused on the period spanning January to March 2012.
Spending the night this winter in the Suites de la Potiniere, which is located in the Tarentaise Valley of Savoie, will cost travelers a jaw-dropping average of $1958. Trailing significantly far behind in the number two spot is the Aurelio Lech. This second most expensive hotel in the world is part of Austria’s Lech am Arlberg mountain village. There, guests will pay an average nightly fee of $1423.
On the other side of the Alps, across the Swiss border, the Carlton Hotel in St. Moritz snagged the number three spot. This eastern Switzerland luxury hotel came in at an average daily rate of $1256. The Alps trio of Courchevel, Lech-Arlberg and St. Moritz, in fact, dominated the top 10 list, securing eight out of the 10 slots.
The remaining two places went to luxury ski hotels in the U.S.: the St. Regis Deer Valley in Park City, Utah and the Little Nell in Aspen, Colorado. Ranking number six and eight respectively, both are averaging about $1000 per night through March.
The full rankings for the 10 most expensive luxury ski hotels in the world are as follows:
1. Les Suites de la Potiniere (Courchevel, France) $1958
2. Aurelio Lech (Lech-Arlberg, Austria) $1423
3. Carlton Hotel (St. Moritz, Switzerland) $1256
4. Almhof Schneider (Lech-Arlberg, Austria) $1185
5. Suvretta House (St. Moritz, Switzerland) $1121
6. The St. Regis Deer Valley Resort (Deer Valley, United States) $1037
7. Gasthof Post (Lech-Arlberg, Austria) $1012
8. The Little Nell (Aspen, Colorado) $1002
9. Le Melezin (Courchevel, France) $1001
10. La Sivoliere (Courchevel, France) $951
For more information about this survey, visit http://www.luxury-hotels.com/press/luxury-ski-hotels.html
CONTACT: Danielle Kim, press(at)luxury(hyphen)hotels(dot)com