Chicago, IL (PRWEB) January 30, 2012
As acute care facilities continue to face some of the most daunting challenges in history, flexible and future-directed systems are on the short list of ‘must-have’ technologies. When Jeron Electronic Systems designed its new Provider® 790 nurse call system, adaptability and customization were imperatives. The goal: help hospitals react and respond to a changing environment, including flexible solutions for patient and staff areas.
According to Myles Cochran, Jeron’s Director of Marketing, “We took into consideration the key issues facing acute care today – patient satisfaction and safety issues, an aging population, workforce shortages, facility constraints and technological changes – and developed a nurse call system that addresses each facility’s needs today and their future requirements.”
A study appearing in World Health Design assessed the impact of healthcare design on staff and service delivery and underscored the critical nature of flexibility in nursing unit design. It stated, “Designs that impede changes can lead to expensive renovation work during the life of a facility, to the premature obsolescence of a facility or, all too often, to the development of care-giving plan that is suboptimal because it is designed around the constraints of the facility. From the viewpoints of efficiency, staff well-being and lifecycle cost, it is essential that the built environment supports different unit operational models over a facility’s lifetime.”
To this end, Provider 790 designed flexibility into its patient room configurations and options:
- Programmable PrismTM Dome Lights - feature customized colors and sequencing that uniquely identifies each event within the patient room. Nursing units can choose the indications that match their unique operations.
- Custom Call Priorities - with over 1,000 call priorities and workflow events available on the Provider 790, the system can be configured to meet each hospital’s current and future alerting and workflow needs.
- Integrated Patient Station Call Buttons and Alarm Inputs – customizable for individual patient rooms and nursing unit alerting requirements, including bed exit and equipment alerts.
- One-touch Workflow Stations - automate processes within and among nursing units – eliminating time-wasting follow-up.
The networked VoIP-based Provider 790 platform leverages advanced technology to ensure clear, direct communication between patients and staff – from room to room or across an entire hospital campus:
- Graphic Patient Room Touchscreens – deliver the ultimate in flexibility and customization on a per-room, unit, and facility basis while providing clear room-to-room communication.
- Audio Bathroom Stations - let staff communicate with patients to discriminate between a simple request for assistance or an emergency call.
- Digital Full-Duplex Audio - offers crystal-clear voice communication between patients and staff.
As the most recent addition to Jeron’s highly respected Provider nurse call systems, Provider 790 will be featured at a full line-up of industry events in 2012, including HIMSS12 in La Vegas on February 20-24, 2012.
ABOUT PROVIDER®790: Provider 790 is a complete nurse call communication solution, offering clear VoIP digital/full-duplex audio, wireless phone and pocket pager integration, simple touchscreen operation, automated alerting/workflow functionality and a wide spectrum of patient and staff area components – all designed to optimize patient care and staff efficiency. All Provider systems are backed by Jeron’s industry-leading five-year warranty.
ABOUT JERON ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS: A leader in communications systems for the healthcare industry, Jeron Electronic Systems is the engineering and manufacturing force behind Provider® nurse call systems. Provider systems facilitate communications, speed response times and integrate with a wide spectrum of alerting and notification technologies, all focused on delivering the highest levels of patient care.
From its founding in 1965, Jeron has earned a solid reputation for innovation, quality and service. Jeron products are engineered and manufactured in the USA.
For more information regarding the Provider® 790 communication solution, visit http://www.jeron.com/products/nurse-call/provider-790 or call 800.621.1903.