Hasbrouck Heights, NJ (PRWEB) January 27, 2012
Retail experts acknowledge that customer engagement is the cornerstone of success in today’s challenging retail environment, because shoppers are more empowered than ever and are demanding the right products at the right price, available when and where they desire.
“Retailers have been hard at work formulating and implementing unique and creative strategies to appeal to today’s tech-savvy shoppers, and the Customer Engagement Awards honor those who have achieved outstanding success in today’s challenging environment,” said Debbie Hauss, Editor-in-Chief at Retail TouchPoints.
Through a nomination process, the winners were selected based on, but not limited to, four specific criteria:
*Unique shopping/promotional offerings
*Customer engagement strategies
The 2012 Winners List is as follows:
- 8ta — mobile store, part of the South African brand Telkom (solution provider partner: One Digital Media)
- Casual Male Retail Group (CMRG) — specialty retailer of big-and-tall men’s apparel (solution provider partner: QuantiSense)
- David’s Bridal — specialty retailer of bridal and formal wear (solution provider partner: Manhattan Associates)
- Foot Locker — specialty retailer of footwear and sports apparel (solution provider partner: Epicor Retail)
- Hot Topic — specialty retailer of music- and pop culture-inspired fashion (nominated by: Impact Mobile)
- Inkjet Superstore — specialty retailer of printer and office supplies (solution provider partner: TurnTo Networks)
- Moosejaw — specialty retailer of outdoor clothing, apparel and gear (solution provider partner: Crossview)
- Rutter’s Farm Stores — gas and convenience store retailer (solution provider partner: Gas Buddy)
- Tasti D-Lite — quick-service frozen dessert retailer (solution provider partner: Restaurant Pro Express)
- Urban Outfitters — specialty retailer of women’s and men’s urban apparel and accessories (solution provider partner: Starmount)
A complimentary copy of the 2012 Customer Engagement Awards Report in pdf form is available for download here.
RTP also presented certificates to several of the retail winners during the NRF 101st Annual Convention, January 15-17, 2012, in New York. To view the videos on TouchPoints TV, click here.
Retail TouchPoints is an online publishing network for retail executives, with content focused on optimizing the customer experience across all channels. The Retail TouchPoints network is comprised of a weekly newsletter, category-specific blogs, special reports, web seminars, exclusive benchmark research, and a content-rich web site featuring daily news updates and multi-media interviews at http://www.retailtouchpoints.com. The Retail TouchPoints team also interacts with social media communities via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.