We can now more completely address a growing market in the medical device industry.
MInneapolis, MN (PRWEB) January 28, 2012
DDL, industry leader in medical device package, product and material testing, announces the expansion of their testing capabilities with the addition of orthopaedic testing. DDL’s ability to perform the orthopaedic testing came with the recent purchase of a biaxial tester.
This tester combines tensile and compression (pulling and pushing a test specimen) with a torque action (twisting). For the orthopaedic industry it is mainly used for fatigue or cycle testing.
“While we have had the ability to carry out limited orthopaedic tests using our universal testers we can now more completely address a growing market in the medical device industry,” Mark Francis, DDL’s Product & Material Division Lab Manager said.
Some of the orthopaedic test standards that DDL can now test include:
- ASTM F2193, Standard Specifications and Test Methods for Components Used in the Surgical Fixation of the Spinal Skeletal System
- ASTM F1717, Standard Test Methods for Spinal Implant Constructs in a Vertebrectomy Model
- ASTM F56, Standard Specification and Test Methods for Metallic Bone Staples
- ISO 7206-4, Implants for surgery -- Partial and total hip joint prostheses -- Part 4: Determination of endurance properties and performance of stemmed femoral components
- ISO 14801, Dentistry -- Implants -- Dynamic fatigue test for endosseous dental implants
“Some orthopaedic testing is customized for our clients and DDL’s technical experts are able to consult on a one on one basis in order to provide the best device testing solution possible,” Francis said. “We look forward to working with more customers in this expanding market.”