AXIOM’s clients were the driving force behind this book.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) January 27, 2012
Today, AXIOM Sales Force Development Announced the release of The Journey to Sales Transformation: Twenty-Five Axioms for Becoming a Trusted Partner to your Customers by Bob Nicols.
The Journey to Sales Transformation: Twenty-Five Axioms for Becoming a Trusted Partner to your Customers by Bob Nicols, Jr. has been published to answer what “Sales Transformation” means. The first book of its kind dedicated solely to the topic of sales transformation – what it is, why it’s necessary, and how to make it work for a company and their customers – The Journey to Sales Transformation is an invaluable resource for sales professionals and their companies that are trying to become the best partners possible for their customers.
Unlike most business books, The Journey to Sales Transformation is an easy to digest, enjoyable read. Told through fictional parables and the lessons learned by its key characters, the story provides a set of 25 truths that not only help to define what ‘sales transformation’ is, but acts as a self-assessment tool for any organization looking to sell more at higher margins, reduce salesforce turnover and become an essential part of the way their clients and customers do business.
Nicols, CEO and founder of AXIOM Sales Force Development, was inspired to write The Journey to Sales Transformation by his own client base, which includes Fortune 100 heavy-hitters such as AT&T, Verizon Wireless and ESPN.
“AXIOM’s clients were the driving force behind this book,” says Nicols. “For more than twenty years they have looked to my company to help them transform their own sales teams, and have validated the fundamental principles shared in this book.”
Those fundamentals include:
- Approved Vendor vs. Trusted Advisor: the transition from being a company selling products/services without any sustainable competitive edge to becoming integral to client’s long term success.
- The 25 universal truths that businesses need to recognize and address to achieve trusted partner status.
- Training as the launching pad for transformation - Who teaches, what they teach and how they teach it, can make or break effort to transform.
- Motivation - How trying to force sales transformation can backfire and what to do to gain ownership from every person on a sales team.
- Changing the conversation - quit talking about features, functions and benefits, and start talking about customer's business vision, goals, plans, opportunities and strengths.
- High sales force turnover rate as a symptom, not the disease.
- The necessity of transformation within not just the sales team, but the entire company’s DNA.
About the Author:
Bob Nicols, Jr. has 34 years of experience in sales, sales management, executive management and sales force development. He founded Burton Training Group, now AXIOM Sales Force Development, in 1990 after being a top and highly recognized performer in sales, sales management and executive positions within the technology sector.
He has managed and mentored thousands of sales people, sales managers and senior managers and been responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in sales. For more than 21 years he has developed and delivered sales programs that have become the standard for many Fortune 100 companies including AT&T, BellSouth, Alltel, Verizon Wireless and ESPN. AXIOM programs have been implemented in over 30 countries including Japan, the UK, Germany, Dubai, Brazil, India, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, China, Mexico, Canada, South Korea, Slovakia, Sweden, and The Netherlands.
Bob’s highly energetic and insightful lectures and workshops have resulted in invitations to be a featured presenter at dozens of national and international sales meetings and conferences. He is a trusted advisor to the presidents and senior managers of multiple organizations, both large and small and has been a board member of a national technology company.
The Journey to Sales Transformation: Twenty-Five Axioms for Becoming a Trusted Partner to your Customers is available through Amazon, CreateSpace, Kindle, iBooks, Barnes &Noble and Sony eBook formats.