54% of Facebook users are more likely to purchase from brands they have "Liked".
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) January 31, 2012
eVOC Insights (http://www.evocinsights.com), a customer experience consulting firm, announces the release of its latest social networking report, “What Can Facebook Do for Me? Benchmarks and Best Practices from Brand Leaders”. eVOC Insights conducted this research to help marketers leverage Facebook to engage consumers, build brand loyalty, and effectively create social ambassadors who will promote their brands online and offline.
According to Liz Webb, Managing Partner of eVOC Insights, “Simply incorporating the Facebook ‘Like’ button plugin into your website or online marketing campaign, is a win for brands. Our research finds that 59% of Facebook users have “liked” a company or brand page in the past 6 months and among those users, 54% are somewhat or much more likely to purchase from a brand they have liked.”
This report tracks the performance of the social networking industry from 2008 to 2011 and provides best practices for marketers interested in making social media a successful component of their brand strategy.
- 87% of U.S. consumers currently use a social networking site, up from 68% in 2008
- 66% are looking for special offers and coupons on Facebook
- 59% of users have "Liked" a Facebook page in the past 6 months
- 54% are 'somewhat' or 'much' more likely to purchase from a brand they "Liked"
- Most popular "Liked" pages are Food Brands, TV Shows, Music, Movies, Clothing
- 70% of ages 40+ “Like” Food Brands; 74% of Teens “Like” Movies, Music, and TV
- More than 50% of users are accessing social networking via mobile device
- Groupon is a rising star in the social ethos; 30% of U.S. consumers use Groupon
- Screenshots from top “Liked” Facebook pages in Media, CPG and Retail (Clothing)
- Best practices for designing and driving loyalty for Facebook brand pages
- Track awareness, usage, and perception of social websites and mobile apps
- Identify primary reasons for usage of social websites and mobile apps today
- Determine perceived strengths, weaknesses, and unmet needs from social media
- Identify what role companies / brands play in the social arena
- Determine how brands can best utilize social media to engage consumers
- Discover how brands can leverage social media to develop brand ambassadors
For this study, eVOC surveyed 400+ U.S. online consumers in September 2011, who are all currently using or interested in using social networking websites. This data is benchmarked against the same set of demographics and metrics collected from our Social Networking survey of 400 U.S. online consumers conducted in March 2008.
Obtain a Free Abstract: http://www.evocinsights.com/sn2request.html
For more information about this report, please contact Liz Webb at liz.webb(at)evocinsights(dot)com
ABOUT EVOC INSIGHTS
eVOC Insights is a customer experience consulting firm that provides Web strategy, usability, and “voice of the customer” research. eVOC Insights is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Dallas, TX and New Orleans, LA.
For more information about eVOC Insights, please visit http://www.evocinsights.com