Our Boogie Board eWriters have created an entirely new product segment, and the large crowds at our CES booth are a strong indicator the world is taking notice.
Kent, Ohio (PRWEB) January 31, 2012
Improv Electronics announced today that its first ever appearance at the renowned International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, Nevada earlier this month was a great success. The Boogie Board booth on the show floor attracted large crowds throughout the four day event. The booth featured the company’s growing line of Boogie Board eWriters, tree-friendly, electronic alternatives to paper and pens that utilize revolutionary Reflex® No Power LCDs as their writing surface. Reflex LCDs are manufactured by Kent Displays.
“Exhibiting at such a well-known and highly attended show like CES is an enormous investment, and we are absolutely thrilled to see that investment pay off,” said Kent Displays/Improv Electronics CEO Dr. Albert Green. “Our Boogie Board eWriters have created an entirely new product segment, and the large crowds at our CES booth are a strong indicator the world is taking notice. Boogie Board eWriters are not only environmentally-friendly and fun, they will be a major catalyst for changing to a truly paperless society.”
Improv Electronics' presence at CES did not go unnoticed by the media. The company’s booth at the Showstoppers media event also drew large crowds, and over 10,000 media members around the world requested or reviewed the Boogie Board eWriter online press kit distributed through the event.
Numerous Boogie Board eWriter articles and mentions also appeared on various media platforms shortly before and after the show:
- “One of the three most intriguing gadgets you’ll find at CES 2012.” (Jim Cramer, host of CNBC’s Mad Money. Sent via Twitter)
- Boogie Board Rip eWriters are “a fun and simple way to record ideas and sketches” and “a great tool for any situation where quick and easy visual communication is key, such as in a classroom, a business meeting room, or even for those who can’t speak.” (PC Magazine)
- “…tore through the halls of the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas to find the most exciting innovations of the year. Flip through our faves… Ever-Ready Notepad: Boogie Board Rip Tablet.” (Men’s Health)
- “... cool last-minute gift idea for the organized person in your life who lives by lists: The Boogie Board.” (Robin Meade, host of Headline News Morning Express)
- Edmonton School Waves Goodbye to Paper with Boogie Boards (Story link sent via Twitter by Nathan Fillion, star of ABC’s hit show Castle)
- The Boogie Board Rip eWriter - Cream of the Crop Gadgetry to Add Ease to Your Life (Connected Magazine)
- Boogie Board eWriters - 20 Instances Of Eye-Catching CES 2012 Signage (Technology news site CRN.com)
- Boogie Board eWriters – Best of Show CES 2012 Award for Best Affordable Tech Gadget (The Real Geeks)
- “Helped me at the end of CES when I lost my voice, and I could show my notes to my guys.” (Tara Bell, Global BC)
Boogie Board eWriters will be exhibited at several other major consumer electronics shows around the world in 2012 including Gadget Show Live in London, IFA in Berlin and CEATEC in Tokyo. Large crowds at the Boogie Board booth are expected at each.
About Boogie Board eWriters
Improv Electronics introduced Boogie Board eWriters in January 2010 with the Boogie Board 8.5 eWriter as a paperless replacement for memo pads, sticky notes, scratch pads and other writing and drawing mediums. High global demand immediately followed. Eight colors were added in January 2011. In June 2011, several additional Boogie Board models and accessories were launched including the Boogie Board 10.5 eWriter, Boogie Board 8.5 eWriter for Binders, and the Boogie Board Message Center. At the same time, a custom design of the original Boogie Board 8.5 eWriter available exclusively through Brookstone was introduced.
The Boogie Board Rip eWriter’s ability to record and save notes/images makes it the ideal paperless replacement for paper notebooks, legal pads, and sketch books. It includes the following features:
- Internal memory for 200 typical images
- High resolution, vector PDF format (nearly infinite scalability; editable in Adobe® Illustrator®/Photoshop® and most other popular illustration and image editing programs)
- 9.5” writing surface (measured diagonally)
- Micro USB port
- Thin, durable and lightweight construction
- Integrated stylus holder (stylus included)
- Erase lock button
- Rechargeable batteries with one week between charges under typical use
About Improv Electronics
Improv Electronics was formed in 2010 as the consumer products subsidiary of Kent Displays. Founded in 1993, Kent Displays, Inc. is a world leader in the research, development and manufacture of Reflex No Power LCDs for unique, sustainable applications including electronic skins, eWriters, smartcards and eReaders.
- Visit improvelectronics.com for more information about Boogie Board eWriters, downloadable media kits and links to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Request review samples from Kevin Oswald, Communications Director, at 330-673-8784 x161 or koswald(at)kentdisplays(dot)com.
Boogie Board, Boogie Board Rip, Reflex and Improv are trademarks of Kent Displays, Inc.
Adobe, Illustrator and Photoshop are trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated
# # #