Coronado Ventures Forum Presents Early-Stage Fundraising Options for Founders in New Mexico: Landscape for Startup Capital
Santa Fe, NM: Coronado Ventures Forum will host its premier annual event at the Eldorado Hotel on October 18, 2012 in Santa Fe. The forum was expanded this year to explore the wide range of startup funding sources for founders and entrepreneurs in New Mexico.
Santa Fe, NM (PRWEB) October 10, 2012
Coronado Ventures Forum will host its premier annual event at the Eldorado Hotel on October 18, 2012 in Santa Fe. The forum was expanded this year to explore the wide range of startup funding sources for founders and entrepreneurs in New Mexico. Topics to include:
View points from traditional venture capital, angel investors and debt providers
- Discussion of non-dilutive sources of capital available through national labs and government sources
- Perspective on raising capital in NM from a serial entrepreneur
The Panelists include:
- Katie Szczepaniak Rice, Senior Associate, Epic Ventures; Epic Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund headquartered in Salt Lake City, UT. Ms. Rice heads the New Mexico office of Epic Ventures, and she focuses on investments in technology and software. She is on the boards of DOTGO and Figaro, and she serves as an observer on the boards of Iosil and Exagen.
- Belinda Snyder, Program Manager, Venture Acceleration Fund; Belinda is currently the Program Manager of the Development Office within the Technology Transfer Division of Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Since starting at LANL in 1993, she has worked to facilitate technology commercialization. Since 1997, Ms. Snyder has successfully mentored 90 future business leaders and has worked with over 100 new start-up companies.
- Lem Hunter, President, Vibrant; Mr. Hunter is an accomplished entrepreneur with direct experience in all forms of early company financing. Importantly, he is also an active member of the New Mexico Angels and he brings both of these important perspectives to our discussion. Mr. Hunter is currently President of Vibrant, a New Mexico-based company that specializes in non-destructive testing for the aerospace and power market.
- F. Leroy Pacheco, President/CEO, The Loan Fund; F. Leroy Pacheco has worked in community development and banking for more than thirty years. New Mexico Business Journal named him as one of the Top 20 Most Influential People in Albuquerque in 1995 and in 2011 he was named one of the Power Brokers and Top Performing CEO’s. In January 2007, Pacheco joined The Loan Fund, as President/CEO.
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2012
Venue: Eldorado Hotel 309 W. San Francisco St. Santa Fe, 87501
Cost: $22.50 in advance , $25 at the door; Registration is available online at http://www.cvf-nm.org
Coronado Ventures Forum is a New Mexico non-profit organization that educates investors and entrepreneurs on the process of early-stage, private equity funding, and to provide a gathering point for these two communities to come together. For more information on CVF, please visit http://www.cvf-nm.org.
For media inquiries or information regarding this event, please contact
Todd Hand, Board Member, Coronado Ventures Forum
Jennifer Padilla, JLH Media