Executives looking to expand their core technologies into the growing clean coal area, but who are unfamiliar with the space, will find this report particularly useful.
Tolland, CT (PRWEB) October 12, 2012
Nerac Inc., a global research and advisory firm for companies developing innovative products and technologies, has released a new market research report “Clean Coal Technologies,” by analyst Kevin Closson.
“Executives looking to expand their core technologies into the growing clean coal area, but who are unfamiliar with the space, will find this report particularly useful,” said Mr. Closson. “It provides an overview of the market with enough detail about individual technologies and projects to help guide their strategies.”
The largest fraction of the world’s electricity is generated by burning coal. Coal is plentiful, has a high energy value, is easily transportable and storable, and provides dispatchable energy. Coal also produces many pollutants harmful to the environment and human health when burned, requires huge quantities of water to process, and is the largest source of anthropogenic CO2 emissions on the planet. It is this last fact that is driving interest in what are called “clean coal technologies.” It is widely acknowledged by observers both pro- and anti-coal that without addressing CO2 emissions from coal-fired power plants, any significant reduction in greenhouse gas emissions overall is not possible.
“Clean coal technologies” can encompass different technologies depending on how the term is defined. In this report, clean coal technologies are defined as those technologies applied to coal-fired electricity generating systems which reduce the environmental externalities associated with that generation.
Clean coal technologies reduce the environmental impact of coal-fired electricity generation through reduction in emissions and/or improved efficiency. There are three broad categories of clean coal technologies covered in the report:
- Combustion technologies, which are concerned with how coal is thermodynamically converted into electricity
- Post-combustion technologies, which involve the on-site mitigation of harmful emissions produced as a result of coal combustion
- Carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) technologies, which are designed to reduce the amount of CO2 emitted as a result of coal combustion
The report examines the market for clean technologies worldwide and sheds light into where the clean coal market is headed and the technologies and companies involved. Specifically, this is accomplished by:
- Outlining the coal industry
- Providing an overview of the key clean coal technologies available today
- Analyzing the intellectual property landscape for clean coal technologies
- Estimating the size of the market for clean coal technologies
- Profiling key companies within the clean coal industry
- Profiling key clean coal projects
The report contains the following major components:
- Executive summary
- Coal power fundamentals
- Clean coal technology descriptions and applications
- Intellectual property analysis
- Global clean coal technology markets, 2009-2015
- Factors affecting the clean coal technology market
- Key company profiles
- Key clean coal project profiles
To download a free executive summary, please visit our website.
Nerac Inc. (http://www.nerac.com) is a global research and advisory firm for companies developing innovative products and technologies. Nerac provides expert insights that equip clients with the knowledge to develop or refine a technology, explore market growth opportunities, evaluate intellectual property strategies and respond to regulatory changes. Nerac has approximately 1,200 clients worldwide and a long, successful consulting history in a wide range of industries with a strong focus in the areas of energy, food, pharmaceutical, medical device, engineering and specialty chemicals.