New York, NY (PRWEB) October 10, 2012
WHO: Pearson is hosting a one-day conference for leaders in social media research and practice in higher education.
· Marni Baker Stein and Lisa Minetti, Columbia University
· Krista Jackman, University of New Hampshire
· Rey Junco, Harvard Berkman Center for Internet and Society
· Eric Gordon, Emerson College
· Mike Moran, Chief Strategist, Converseon
· Jeff Seaman, Babson Survey Research Group
· Hester Tinti-Kane, VP Marketing, Social Media Strategy and Research, Pearson
· Jeff Borden, VP of Instruction & Academic Strategies, Pearson
WHAT: One-day conference for educators, instructional designers, deans of academic technology, chief information officers, and chief technology officers looking to expand their teaching with social tools.
Key topics include:
· Major findings from 2012 Pearson Social Media in Higher Ed Report
· Pedagogy for social knowledge networks
· Social media for establishing learning communities
· Social media for student engagement
· Social media to reach multiple learning styles
· Social media for professional development
WHEN: Friday, October 19, 2012 9:00 am – 4:00 pm ET
WHERE: Sheraton Boston Hotel
39 Dalton Street,
Boston, MA 02199
WHY: Faculty in higher education are using social media in their personal lives, but many still grapple with how to leverage these tools in the classroom and professionally. This event will look at the evolving use of social media in higher education, which tools are more relevant today than yesterday and how to break through the barriers related to security and integrity when introducing social media into a curriculum.
Pearson, the world’s leading learning company, has global reach and market-leading businesses in education, business information and consumer publishing (NYSE: PSO). The company provides innovative print and digital education materials, including personalized learning programs such as MyLab/Mastering; education services including custom publishing; and content-independent platforms including the EQUELLA digital repository and Pearson LearningStudio for online learning programs.
Media Contact: Susan Aspey, susan(dot)aspey(at)pearson9dot)com or (800) 745-8489