San Diego, Ca. (PRWEB) October 17, 2012
"Weight loss occurs when you achieve a negative energy balance," says John Barrett Hawkins author of Penitentiary Fitness: The Amazing Weight Loss Formula. "When you burn more energy through your daily activities and maintaining your body mass, than you consume through your diet, your body is forced to burn fat for fuel. The key to weight loss is eating the most energy-efficient foods."
Penitentiary Fitness is based on research studies conducted at the world's top universities and medical schools. Here are Hawkins top five foods for weight loss.
1. Salad – In the course of a year your body "recycles" 99% of your adoms. New cell tissues are built from foods that come from mother earth. When your body doesn't get the food necessary to rebuild itself, it sends out a hunger signal.
2. Fish Contain Omega-3 Fatty Acids (salmon, black cod, sardines, trout, herring, tuna, mackerel) – communicate with your DNA and increase fat burning.
3. Spinach – contains micro-nutrients to turns on the genes that control metabolism
4. Nuts – are the perfect unit of food because they contain proteins, carbohydrates and healthy fats.
5. Fruits that contain pectin (apples, pears, grapefruits and all berries). Pectin is the solable fiber that expands in the stomach and makes you feel full longer.
Penitentiary Fitness is a 172-page softcover book and e-book available at Amazon.com and at the Kindle store. Visit the author's website http://www.JohnBarrettHawkins.com read free sample chapters.