There will be 19 machines on display as well as metrology and automation equipment. Additionally, the Okuma THINC®-OSP control will be available for hands-on demonstration and trials.
Charlotte, NC (PRWEB) October 15, 2012
CNC machine tool manufacturer Okuma America Corporation and distributor Morris Midwest are hosting an event that will focus on machine tool solutions designed to optimize productivity for small to large job shops in the Chicago area. There will be 19 machines on display as well as metrology and automation equipment. Additionally, the Okuma THINC®-OSP control will be available for hands-on demonstration and trials.
The Okuma machines on display include:
- GENOS L400 horizontal lathe – 10” box way, 2-axis turning center
- GENOS L300E-M horizontal lathe – 10” box way, 2-axis turning center with live tool cap
- Multus B400-II – big bore multi-function turning center
- LB3000 EX-MY – big bore turning center with Y-axis and live tool cap
- LB4000 EX – bog bore 2-axis turning center
- LU-300 – 4-axis turning center with milling
- GENOS M460-VE – 4-axis vertical machining center
- MB-4000H – high-speed horizontal machining center
- MB-5000H – high-speed horizontal machining center with AMPS flexible manufacturing system
- Millac 44H – compact horizontal machining center
Attendees are invited to bring their challenging parts and machining problems to the event so Okuma and Morris application engineers, teamed with Partners in THINC members, can help them solve their manufacturing problems. To register, visit http://www.cvent.com/d/3cqxww.
Members of Partners in THINC, representing tooling, gauging, software and other machine tool accessory equipment will be on hand to discuss manufacturing challenges and help attendees reduce costs, increase throughput and improve quality.
The event is free to manufacturers. To learn more about this event and others, visit the Okuma events page at http://www.okuma.com/events.
About Okuma America Corporation:
Okuma America Corporation is the U.S.-based sales and service affiliate of Okuma Corporation, a world leader in CNC (computer numeric control) machine tools, founded in 1898 in Nagoya, Japan. The company is the industry’s only single-source provider, with the CNC machine, drive, motors, encoders, spindle and CNC control all manufactured by Okuma. Okuma’s innovative and reliable technology, paired with comprehensive, localized service protection, allows users to run continuously with confidence – maximizing profitability. Along with its industry-leading distribution network (largest in the Americas), and Partners in THINC®, Okuma facilitates quality, productivity and efficiency, empowering the customer and enabling competitive advantage in today’s demanding manufacturing environment. For more information, visit http://www.okuma.com or follow us on Facebook or Twitter @OkumaAmerica.