Walnut, CA (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
Often times scammers prey on people in vulnerable situations like singles looking for dates. Combine that with promises of love, companionship, and happiness, internet dating scammers have found a ripe target. Every day people are ripped-off by scammers targeting eager singles online. MatesMingle.com has released the following tips and tricks to make your online dating experience safe and joyous.
The following are some common traps, and tips which will help show you how to spot and avoid various online dating scams.
Internet Dating Scam Detection Basics:
1. If someone asks you outright for money, this is an obvious trick, scam, and one or many scammers are behind this.
2. If someone asks you to cash a check or money order for them.
3. If the grammar and tone of responses change frequently and between messages, chances are there’s a network of scam artists doing this to you and others.
4. Scammers always use fake profiles from which to target and communicate with their victims. Ask some specific questions about their background and what they have written in their profile. If they are hesitant, unable, or unwilling to give details, they are probably operating using a fake profile and fake user in general.
5. If almost immediately the scammer is talking about how sad or bad his/her current situation is, and trying to instill pity and gain sympathy. This almost always leads to the scammer gradually moving towards acting desperate and luring the victim to send money, merchandise, or anything else of value. This will continue until the victim is literally ”dried up” and has nothing left to send.
In addition to educating our users MatesMingle utilizes proprietary security software to detect users that are not in the United States and block them from signing up to the website. This is done by detecting the IP Address of the user’s computer and matching it to the location the user claims.
That being said there are plenty of real people looking to meet someone special, and with safe practices you should continue to enjoy the amazing myriad of people and potential online dating has to offer!