“With Gartner analysts predicting tablet sales of 119 million units this year, it’s critical that developers build websites that work on any device,” said Igor Faletski, Mobify CEO.
Vancouver, BC (PRWEB) October 17, 2012
“With Gartner analysts predicting tablet sales of 119 million units this year*, it’s critical that developers build websites that work on any device,” said Igor Faletski, Mobify CEO. “This year’s data from Mobify’s e-commerce customers, encompassing nearly 200 million website visitors, shows that already 8% of those visitors are using an iPad to shop online, and that’s before the iPad Mini launch.”
Despite soaring smartphone and tablet-adoption statistics many websites still render awkwardly or just don’t work on mobile devices. “We built Mobify Studio to give web developers and designers the tools and power to create rich, adaptive websites. Visitors coming to their websites get a great experience, no matter which device they use,” added Faletski.
To build an adaptive website with Mobify Studio, developers use an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface to choose elements and styles from any desktop site and then remix, reconfigure and restyle them. Once deployed to the Mobify Cloud platform, the result is an optimized mobile and tablet experience. With Mobify Studio’s visual editor, web designers and developers can:
- Quickly create a mobile website using an intuitive, drag-and-drop interface. Then, perfect it by downloading source files and using local developer tools for Mobify.js, an open source client-side web framework.
- Remix content using Mobify’s Client-Side Adaptation.
- Automatically optimize images for maximum performance with small images delivered to low-resolution screens and larger images delivered high-definition screens, like Retina displays.
- Manage the scripts and CSS that run on different devices to ensure fast website load times and the right assets on the right device.
This two-minute video demonstrates how Mobify Studio adapts and remixes a desktop site for any mobile device: http://vimeo.com/51499688
Other benefits of using Mobify to deploy adaptive websites include:
- Maintaining the same URL for desktop, mobile and iPad sites.
- Sharing the same content across sites, so updates happen instantly on all devices.
- Built-in, fully tested modules for common design patterns like mobile carousels, accordions and image zooming.
For more information on Mobify Studio visit http://www.mobify.com/studio.
Mobify powers more than 20,000 mobile sites and $100-million in mobile commerce revenues, reaches 20% of global smartphone subscribers and is the development framework of choice for more than 75,000 web developers and designers. Enterprise customers include Starbucks, British Telecom, Expedia, Bosch, Ideeli and online t-shirt specialist, Threadless.
- “Gartner Says Worldwide Media Tablets Sales to Reach 119 Units in 2012”, Gartner.com, http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1980115