Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) October 16, 2012
Kurt A. Kappes, co-managing shareholder of Greenberg Traurig's Sacramento office, will serve as a panelist at the Association of Workplace Investigators’(AWI) national conference on Nov. 1, 2012 at the Marriott City Center Hotel in Oakland, Calif. Kappes will discuss "Navigating the Risks: Privacy Issues for Mobile Technology, Social Media & Electronic Records.”
The program will feature:
- An explanation of current case law and the grey areas of employee privacy, as it relates to mobile technology, social media, and electronic records
- The use of company policy to define the boundaries of privacy rights in the workplace
- How eDiscovery principles can be applied in the workplace investigations arena
- The privacy rights of private employers vs. public employers
- How reviewing and understanding technology is becoming the “standard of care” for investigations
- Solid legal guidelines that ensure workplace investigations are conducted within the limits of the law
In addition to Kappes, other panelists include: Don Vilfer, president of Califorensics, and Deborah M. Allison, a shareholder of Van Dermyden Allison Law Corporation.
Kappes is co-chair of the international law firm’s Non-Compete/Trade Secret and Employment Contract Litigation team within the National Labor & Employment Practice. With extensive trial and pretrial experience, he represents clients in many complex litigation cases involving labor and employment issues, advisory matters, trade secret audits, contracts, discrimination claims, whistleblower cases, and wrongful termination litigation.
He is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and a member of the American Bar Association, the International Technology Law Association, and The Milton L. Schwartz/David F. Levi American Inn of Court. He is also a team member of Greenberg Traurig’s Appellate Practice Group. The employment and appellate groups were recognized by Law360 for "Employment Practice Group of the Year" in 2011 and "Appellate Practice Group of the Year" in 2010.
For more information and to register for the conference, please visit http://www.caowi.org/2012-annual-conference-registration
Greenberg Traurig has 200 attorneys practicing in California in the Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices.
About Greenberg Traurig, LLP
Greenberg Traurig, LLP is an international, full-service law firm with approximately 1750 attorneys serving clients from 35 offices in the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. In the U.S., the firm has more offices than any other among the Top 10 on The National Law Journal's 2012 NLJ 250. For additional information, please visit http://www.gtlaw.com.