Customer transformation initiatives have become a key priority across all banking delivery channels...
Montreal, QC (PRWEB) October 18, 2012
Silanis, the leader in enterprise electronic signature solutions with the largest e-signature deployments, today announced its annual E-Signature Summit for Banking Executives, happening November 8, 2012 in New York, NY. The event will see leaders from top 10 North American banks, as well as major legal experts and an industry analyst firm provide key insights into the increasingly important role of electronic signatures in transforming the customer experience across banking distribution channels. Sponsored by IBM and Silanis, the day has been designed to provide banking executives a cross functional view of the business, legal and IT requirements to consider when transitioning from paper processes to e-signatures and e-transactions.
The day-long agenda will feature the following presentations:
- Customer Experience Drives E-Signature Adoption – Craig Le Clair, Vice President, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc.
- E-Signatures: Unlocking the Full Benefits of the Digital Experience – James McGuire, VP, Digital Strategy & Experience, RBC Royal Bank
- E-Signatures Go Mobile – Ranjit Balaram, Associate Partner for Mobile Solutions Financial Services, IBM Global Business Services; John Fraser, Vice President, Technology and Operations Services, US Bank; and Alan Varrasso, Senior Vice President, Consumer Banking IT, Sales & Service, JP Morgan Chase
- Enterprise E-Signature Best Practices for Banks – Michael Laurie, Vice President Strategic Planning and co-founder, Silanis Technology
- Enterprise E-Signature Use Case Demonstrations – Pat Albert, Business Architect, Silanis Technology
“Customer transformation initiatives have become a key priority across all banking delivery channels and banks have begun to realize the need to elevate that experience while still mitigating risk by maintaining regulatory compliance and gathering strong transaction evidence,” says Silanis CEO and co-founder Tommy Petrogiannis. “Silanis’ E-Signature Banking Summit will address what banks can do to meet their customer needs while benefiting from the improved compliance and efficiencies of e-transactions,” continues Petrogiannis.
Analyst firm Forrester Research Inc. has written that, “Enterprises now incorporate plans to adopt e-signing into their customer experience initiatives” (Customer Experience Drives E-Signature Adoption, Forrester Research, Inc., November 2011).This adoption comes as a result of drivers like customer demand for reduced time and hassle when doing business, as well as a push to allow transactions to take place using mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. It’s for these and other reasons like security, legal compliance and paperless processing that banking organizations are making e-signatures a foundational technology as part of their customer transformation projects.
Those wishing to attend the E-Signature Summit for Banking Executives may register at http://www.americanbanker.com/conferences/silanisnyc/.
Silanis is the most widely used e-signature solution in the world, responsible for processing more than 600 million documents annually. Founded in 1992, Silanis’ solutions e-Sign Enterprise™ and e-SignLive™ enable thousands of organizations, including four of the top 10 North American banks, eight of the top 15 insurance companies and the entire US Army to accelerate business transactions, improve customer experience and reduce costs while improving compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Silanis provides the most flexible deployment options with its on-premise, cloud and SaaS e-signature solutions, eliminating manual, paper-based processing and enabling e-commerce and e-government transactions to be electronically executed from start to finish.