Englewood, NJ (PRWEB) October 22, 2012
While deciding which graduate program to attend might be a good problem to have, it can still prove difficult. Here are some helpful hints that might help in the decision making process.
1) Do some research. Go beyond a simple Internet search. Contact schools or programs of interest and sign up for email lists.
2) Connect. Follow the programs on Twitter to stay up-to-date with pertinent information. Many schools make announcements on Twitter and Facebook. Who knows? Maybe a sizeable donation to a specific program will impact a final decision.
3) Make some calls (and/or send a few emails). Reach out to professors in departments of interest. Send emails with a few questions about the program. Sure, some professors might be too busy to respond, but chances are, others will send thoughtful replies which could prove helpful.
4) Ask questions. Speak to peers who have attended graduate school about their experiences. Ask a family member their thoughts. They can often offer helpful insight.
5) Trust a gut feeling. What just feels right? Listen to that little voice inside.
About Graduate Programs: Graduateprograms.com is also an invaluable resource for prospective graduate school students, who have access not only to general information regarding a wide variety of graduate schools and programs, but to thousands of ratings and reviews written by their peers - current and recent graduate students.