Luggage Superstore gives tips on choosing luggage for kids
Holiday time is an exciting time, especially for children young or even older, and choosing a suitable suitcase or bag does not have to be a difficult task.
Kent (PRWEB UK) 19 October 2012
The first thing to consider:-
- How long the trip is going to be.
- Determine what items would be needed for that trip.
- The case would need to have enough space to take items of entertainment.
- Check the airline’s weight and dimensions limit per bag.
- Match the luggage to the height and size of the child. They must be able to comfortably and easily pull along the bag for themselves.
- Avoid buying bags that can only be carried on the shoulder as this can be quite tiring on a young child.
- Choosing a roll along luggage maybe even one with an additional strap is extremely handy. It keeps one hand free to hold on to the child and the young child can in turn feel great to be pulling along his or her own bag.
- Match the luggage to the child’s age. i.e. younger kids would appreciate more colourful fun looking cases while older teens may be a bit embarrassed with such.
- “Smart sleeve” options on child’s bag would allow the adult to piggy back the child’s case on to theirs should the child choose not carry their own luggage mid way on the journey.
- An idea is to include the child in making the choice. Let them explore the bags. Feel the zips and pockets openings and suggest items they might want to fit into those pockets etc. Too many choices can be overwhelming for really young kids, so limit their choice to only 2 or 3. Older children will be fine with more choices.
- Be sure to invest well in a trusted brand for durability as children will not have any intentions of treating their bags gently.
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.