Tinton Falls, NJ (PRWEB) October 22, 2012
New Jersey residents shopping for homes this Fall will benefit from low interest rates, for an FHA 30-year fixed loan the interest rate is 3.625% with a 3.799% APR, and housing prices that are still relatively low.
The insurance professionals at Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC understand that purchasing a home is a big decision for area residents and want to help by offering education around how to properly budget for a home and home insurance in NJ. The goal is to improve the financial stability of New Jersey families, which the agency hopes to serve and help protect.
Here are some useful steps to consider:
1. Contact a mortgage broker to find out the type(s) of loan(s) and loan amount the family qualifies for. Without this knowledge it will be next to impossible to know what homes a family can realistically afford.
2. Ask the mortgage broker to help estimate monthly payments based on a home that costs the maximum amount of the loan. Remember a large portion of the monthly payment depends on the property taxes, so give the mortgage broker an average of annual property taxes in the area you’re looking.
3. Compare that monthly payment to current housing monthly payments. Don’t forget to factor in the possibility of higher utility bills. When finding a home of interest, ask the owners what their monthly utilities cost.
4. Don’t forget to calculate for down payment, home inspections, closing costs (unless those are rolled into the final price). In order to save for these expenses, it’s important to cut back on unnecessary spending such as going out to eat. Look at current expenses to see what can be cut out.
5. Shop around for a few quotes for homeowners insurance in NJ. It’s best to work with a highly skilled independent agent who can provide sound advice, shop multiple carriers to find the lowest price and customize coverage to meet your needs. Home insurance will factor into monthly payments as well, and there are many affordable options.
Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC is an independent agency that’s been helping New Jersey residents find quality home insurance for more than 45 years. As a Trusted Choice Agency, all of their experienced and licensed agents are committed to providing personal superior service, competitive pricing and advocating on behalf of the clients they serve every day. Call to speak with a professional agent today at 732-578-0800 or visit their virtual office for more information at http://www.dicksteininsurance.com
About Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC
Since 1965, Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC has served Monmouth and Ocean County while being an integral part of their communities. The agency’s mission is to offer a full suite of insurance and risk management solutions to protect the assets of their clients. The insurance companies they represent are financially secure and are among the highest rated in the industry. Each company is carefully matched to each client’s needs and goals. As a Trusted Choice agency, Dickstein Associates Agency, LLC is committed to serving the customer as a person, not a policy, so contact them today to solve your coverage needs.