In the U.S., nearly 6,000 people experience serious eye injuries each year due to improper handling of car batteries.
Natchitoches, Louisiana (PRWEB) October 22, 2012
In the U.S., nearly 6,000 people experience serious eye injuries each year due to improper handling of car batteries. The insurance professionals at Cunningham Financial Group, a Louisiana insurance agency, don’t want another person to suffer this type of injury. In light of National Auto Battery Safety Month, the agency is sharing the top 5 ways to avoid a car battery injury with Louisiana residents.
In addition to maintaining adequate levels of auto insurance in Louisiana, residents should:
- Always connect the negative cable first and remove it last, when jumpstarting a car battery. This will help prevent experience an electrical shock.
- Don’t lean over the battery when removing or installing it to prevent acid or sparks from making contact with skin.
- Inspect car batteries annually for evidence of corrosion to prevent injury and damage.
- When possible, cover skin with clothing such as long sleeved shirts, gloves, and cover eyes with goggles when handling car batteries.
- Take off metal jewelry, belts, and any other metal accessories before coming in contact with a car battery to prevent shock.
As always, residents are encouraged to seek medical assistance immediately following a battery acid burn or electric shock. Cunningham Financial Group also encourages residents to contact their local insurance agency to make sure they have the most comprehensive coverage available should an accident happen.
About Cunningham Financial Group:
Proudly located in Natchitoches & Mansfield LA, Cunningham Financial Group is the area’s leading local insurance agency; dedicated to serving the insurance needs of Louisiana individuals, families and businesses for over 75 years. As a well established agency, Cunningham Financial Group represents various nationwide insurance carriers, allowing its dedicated agents to effectively compare rates and coverage to ensure clients receive the quality protection they deserve. The agency’s broad network of providers ensures that they can secure superior Louisiana insurance, and the most affordable Louisiana insurance quotes, for all coverage needs!