(PRWEB) October 22, 2012
Pinnacle health’s aggressive approach to treating arthritis, the leading cause of disability in the United States, provides relief for many people suffering from severe limitations in function on a daily basis. Arthritis literally means "joint inflammation," and it's used to label over 100 different ailments that affect joints and the surrounding tissue. The two most common forms of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Osteoarthritis consists of pain, stiffness, or inflammation and most frequently appears in the hands, hips, and knees. Rheumatoid arthritis commonly affects the hands and wrists but is not limited to only affecting the joints.
Arthritis can be debilitating and life altering. The British Medical Journal reports that “Pierre-Auguste Renoir, the French impressionist painter, had crippling arthritis for the last 25 years of his life. With hands that were so deformed that he could not pick up a paintbrush, in later years the brush had to be placed in his deformed fingers so he could paint”. The Arthritis Society estimated that the overall price of arthritis cases is near $100 billion of which close to 50% is a result of lost incomes.
Pinnacle Health will not stand for arthritis to control one’s livelihood. With a wide array of solutions for treatment and a variety of pain management approaches, Pinnacle Health is a leader in the fight against arthritis. There is no known cure for arthritis but Pinnacle’s health care team will derive a personalized approach to one’s unique arthritis situation in order to slow the progression of the arthritis and improve one’s quality of life. Pinnacle has tips for preventing the onset of arthritis.
- Weight management will help minimize pressure of joints.
- Osteoarthritis can be minimized by reducing stress or injury to your joints.
- Promote healthy joint structure by practicing consistent good posture.
- Exercise, including weight-bearing workouts, will help to strengthen the muscles that help support one’s joints. Regular physical activity can also help prevent osteoarthritis.
- Maintaining a healthy and balanced lifestyle will improve overall quality of life: including arthritis.
For more information on Arthritis or to gather information on Pinnacle Health, go to http://pinnaclehealth.biz/.