Alliance Rubber Company Employees Band Together In Support Of Race For The Cure

Share Article

40,000 expected to be in attendance at the 19th Annual Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure.

Alliance employees sell t-shirts and other items to help raise funds

“We are appreciative of Alliance Rubber Company’s support of the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure. It is through their support and others like them that we have a successful race every year,” Kristi Moody said.

Alliance Rubber Company is pleased to continue its long-standing support of the annual Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure. Employees at Alliance Rubber Company raised more than $2,755 during the last six months. The company, matching employee contributions, helped raise a total of $5,510.

“We are proud to support The Breast Cancer Research Foundation and the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure,” Shelia Kuhn, Alliance Rubber Company employee and Race for the Cure Team Captain, said. “These organizations are making a meaningful difference in the fight against breast cancer and it is improving the lives of women throughout the world. We are thankful."

The name of the Alliance Rubber Company team this year is “Hog Wild For A Cure.” Kuhn, team captain at Alliance Rubber Company for the last four years, says she was happy to see so much enthusiasm. “I‘m proud of our team and what we could accomplish. We hope it helps cancer victims everywhere.”

Throughout the year, employees of Alliance Rubber Company support both the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure and Relay For Life activities through a variety of fundraising activities. The company also donates ad bands with race for the cure information, sponsors individual race participants, matches funds raised by the employees, and more.

“We are appreciative of Alliance Rubber Company’s support of the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure. It is through their support and others like them that we have a successful race every year,” Kristi Moody, Chair of the Susan G. Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure, said. “Our fundraising is open through November 20 for 2012. After that closes, we will announce our hot pink heroes and our top pink fundraisers and we have a luncheon in their honor.”

Nearly 40,000 people are expected to be in attendance at the 19th Annual Komen Arkansas Race for the Cure this Saturday. Moody, who is looking forward to the event, says “being able to meet all the wonderful survivors that I have met this past year makes it all worthwhile. As a fellow survivor, that is very meaningful and moving to me. It’s the same when meeting folks like those at Alliance Rubber and having face-to-face time with them.”

The Komen Arkansas Race has had 18 races and has distributed more than $11 million throughout the state, funding grants and educational programs, which have provided support and information (focused on early detection) to thousands of Arkansas women and their families.

The Race provides an opportunity to honor breast cancer survivors and to remember those who have lost the battle. Of the money raised through the Race, 75 percent stays in Arkansas to fund educational programs, while the remaining 25 percent funds national research grants.

The 19th Annual Race for the Cure will be held in downtown Little Rock/North Little Rock on Oct. 20, 2012. For more information, please visit
https://www.facebook.com/komenarkansas or at http://www.komenarkansas.org/

About Alliance Rubber Company
Since 1923, Alliance Rubber Company has been dedicated to “Holding Your World Together.” The company has grown into a global leader with over 2,100 skus of mailing, shipping, office, and packaging products sold through dealers in 28 countries. Under the current leadership of Bonnie Swayze, president, Alliance continues its long history of innovation. Pioneering the women’s entrance into the boardroom, Bonnie was the first female board member of the Wholesale Stationers Association, and has served on the WBENC board and other HUB organizations. Winners of the 2012 NIST Innovation Award, learn more about Alliance by visiting http://www.rubberband.com or telephone 800- 626-5940.

Alliance Rubber Company is currently sponsoring a $500 rubber band contest at: http://www.rubberband.com/new-a-events/our-blog-bandology.html. Learn more by using your smart phone to scan the Quick Response Code on specially marked packages of Alliance products. Individuals can also visit us on Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/alliancerubbercompany?ref=mf

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Jason Risner, Strategic Marketing Manager

Tracy Crain, Media Relations
Visit website