Indian solar power aims to increase from virtually zero to 20,000 megawatts by 2022
India (PRWEB UK) 22 October 2012
Top energy investment country to watch:
India is facing an energy scarcity which is slowing down industrial growth and economic progress. India plans to tackle this by investing in renewable energy, particularly biomass, solar, wind and geothermal energy.
Top Energy Facts India
- India solar power aims to increase from virtually zero to 20,000 megawatts by 2022.
- The recent $600m Gujarat solar park marks a rise in the global market for India’s solar power development, manufacture and investment .
- India produces 450-500 million tonnes of biomass per year, 32% of all the primary energy use at present.
- Biodiesel is targeted to meet 20% of the country’s diesel requirement by 2020.
- $1.1 billion wind energy investment by, ReNew Power Limited, to set up 1,000MW of wind energy projects across India.
To find out which other countries NRG Expert are keeping a close eye on click here
To access detailed energy data on the country of your choice review NRG Expert's Energy Database:
NRG expert provides country specific reports regarding energy investment, energy growth and energy analysis. Here is a sample of the reports:
>> World Biofuels Report – market research
>> World Biomass Report – market research
>> NRG Expert Solar PV Report
Edgar van der Meer
NRG Expert +1 (416) 840-5847
+44 (0)20 8432 3059
NRG Expert is a London and Toronto based energy intelligence and market research publisher. NRG Expert provides up to date information and analysis on worldwide energy markets, including electricity, natural gas, oil, coal, nuclear, renewable energy, biofuels, biomass, solar, wind, water and waste, and all elements of energy infrastructure. Providing energy data on over 200 countries including statistics on India solar power, wind power and biodiesel, as well as other energy investment information and top energy facts.
 (source: Financial Times)
 (source: Clean Technica)
### ENDS ###