“FlowTraq is a scalable software application for figuring out what is new, strange, or dangerous on your network that also offers the forensic abilities needed to quickly remedy the situation,” said Vince Berk, CEO, ProQSys.
Lebanon, NH (PRWEB) October 22, 2012
ProQSys, provider of scalable network security software for enterprise environments, today announces the availability of a new version of FlowTraq, its flagship product. FlowTraq Q4/12 now includes the FlowTraq Network Behavioral Intelligence Toolkit and the FlowTraq Behavioral Fingerprint Generator (BFG). The enhancement augments FlowTraq's powerful Network Behavioral Anomaly Detection (NBAD) capabilities to use machine-learning algorithms, which enable network managers, security analysts, and compliance officers to detect unusual, interesting, or malicious network traffic.
FlowTraq offers high-volume, forensically accurate network security analytics that help IT security administrators find data leaks, spammers, botnets, worms, and DDoS attacks. The tool helps professionals investigate compromises, monitor network performance and bandwidth consumption, catalog applications in use, and detect changes in behavior or network activity that may indicate a problem.
Such visibility and insight into a network’s infrastructure allows security analysts to understand threats before they become incidents.
FlowTraq's new BFG automatically studies traffic and builds a behavioral fingerprint of the network. This enables FlowTraq to more easily and readily detect anomalous communications and alert network administrators to changes that could affect the security or reliability of their infrastructure. Within seconds, FlowTraq can detect DDoS attacks, botnets, spam relays, zero-day worms, host scans, network scans, DNS amplification attacks, and brute-force attempts. The software’s API allows for easy integration with third-party tools and existing environments, and can be used to trigger automatic threat mitigation strategies.
Scalable, Intelligent, and Robust – Additional Enhancements
FlowTraq is the only commercially available solution that scales beyond 100Gbps without the need to sample or aggregate data. As a result, FlowTraq's robust behavioral fingerprints trigger few false alarms, which mean less time lost investigating non-incidents. FlowTraq automatically recognizes trusted address blocks, established communication protocols, and observed trust relationships to reduce further false alarms.
“FlowTraq is a scalable software application for figuring out what is new, strange, or dangerous on your network that also offers the forensic abilities needed to quickly remedy the situation,” said Vince Berk, CEO, ProQSys. “This one product serves to secure, manage, and optimize your IPv4/IPv6 network infrastructure, and improve the security, availability, and resiliency of critical services such as VOIP, video, and email.”
Network administrators can manually tune FlowTraq's automatically learned behavioral fingerprints with domain-specific details to include or exclude specific types of traffic. This allows for focused analysis of pools of servers or protocols and helps network managers make sure the most important alerts end up on top of the pile.
FlowTraq Q4/12 continues the brand's commitment to complementing and improving existing network operations by providing traceability, statistics, and identification of security threats. Building on previous enhancements delivered throughout this year, FlowTraq Q4/12 also adds the following improvements:
- SIEM integration – correlate anomalous traffic with system logs in Splunk™, ArcSight™, or your choice of SIEM.
- MSS readiness – use FlowTraq as a managed security services platform for multiple customers, improving visibility, and security of multiple customer networks through a single FlowTraq system.
- Cloud ready – FlowTraq is a fully virtualizable software application compatible with VMWare™, Xen™, KVM™ and many others. It can run in the cloud and it can secure the cloud
Pricing and Availability FlowTraq Q4/12 is available directly from ProQSys and a network of resellers worldwide. The price is $3,695 for non-profit/academic, $9,595 commercial and $80,000-$220,000 enterprise. Fully functional 14-day evaluation license keys are available upon request. Additional product information, screenshots, and downloadable software are available at http://www.flowtraq.com.
FlowTraq is a network security software product that uses network flow records to provide unified security, monitoring, and forensics. FlowTraq can be deployed stand-alone or in a cluster, enabling it to offer its forensically accurate analytics at any bandwidth level.
Designed to complement and improve existing network security operations, key features of FlowTraq include:
- Alerting. Alert on virtually any traffic condition: blacklisted IP addresses, high bandwidth usage, use of undesired or unauthorized applications, portscans, spam relays and other unauthorized servers within your network, or any other user-defined condition.
- Reporting. Schedule reports to run at regular intervals to collect and report frequently used information, perform accurate usage-based billing, track the national demographics of website visitors, and more.
- IPv6. ProQSys FlowTraq™ is fully IPv6-compliant. It can be deployed in full IPv6 environments as well as mixed IPv4/IPv6 networks.
- NetFlow, sFlow®, CFlow, JFlow, and IPFIX: All commercially available flow export formats are supported.
- User-customizable workspaces: Recognizing that each network has unique challenges, and users have different preferences, FlowTraq’s enterprise setup offers customizable dashboards that allow hundreds of users to benefit from analyzing flow data.
About ProQSys, LLC
Founded in 2004, ProQSys develops and markets software solutions that monitor and analyze network security and performance to provide deep insight, high visibility, and valuable understanding of complex network infrastructures. With FlowTraq, users gain an unprecedented level of network situational awareness that facilitates fast and easy monitoring, quick security analysis, and complete forensic recall of any traffic that crosses their network, thus reducing organizational risk. ProQSys software solutions include FlowTraq, FlowTraq Lite, Flow Exporter, and InterMapper Flows. ProQSys has over 2,200 customers worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, ISPs, Managed Service Providers, government, schools, and universities. ProQSys is privately held and headquartered in New Hampshire. For more information, visit http://www.flowtraq.com/corporate/.