Grandpa and his whacky tools teach kindergarten skills in seven mini-games ... for your iPhone, iPad & iPod touch
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
Kids can experience the kind of positive encouragement, patient guidance, and let's-be-buddies relationship that only a loving Grandpa can provide. Kids hear "You're good at this", "Gimme a high five", "Super" and many other positive words while they are learning about tools, building, and working together. Kids even get to design and build their own clubhouse as the game progresses.
Grandpa's Workshop includes seven action-packed mini-games:
- Spot the Difference. "One of those tricky tools is sillier than usual... can you spot the one that is different?"
- Board Fractions. "Let's cut the board into halves, thirds, or quarters and count how many pieces we have"
- Measuring. "Zippy the tape measure is stretched out so that you can measure the board. How long is it?"
- Select the Tool. "Grandpa needs a screwdriver to finish this project. Can you hand it to him?"
- Number Groups. "We'll need 4 springs to finish up this project... which jar has 4 springs?"
- Puzzle Fix-Up. "Grandma's plate is broken. Let's piece it back together."
- Paint the Project. "Grandpa just built this stool... what color will you paint it?"
Grandpa's workshop also includes a number of educational features, including:
- Number groups (quantities, numeral recognition): 1-12
- Colors: orange, purple, brown, red, green, yellow, blue, pink, black, gray
- Measuring: measure items in units 1-12
- Vocabulary: pliers, hammer, c-clamp, tape measure, broom, saw, screwdriver, wrench, level, oil can, dust pan, bucket, paint brush, bolt, nut, spring, tack, nail, screw, washer, ruler, jigsaw, safety glasses, chisel, gloves, trowel, drill, saw dust
- Fractions: halves, thirds, quarters
- Spacial relationships (puzzles)
- Observation skills (spot the difference)
"A workshop is a great setting to teach real-world math skills and spatial relationships," said Constance Bossert, Founder of Raleigh-based Fairlady Media. "As a parent, I wanted to create a fun game that would teach my girls about a content area that is most typically developed for boys. Combined with the warm and encouraging Grandpa, we've developed a game that is fun and educational for all children."
Pricing and Availability:
The Grandpa's Workshop App is available for $1.99 from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at http://www.itunes.com/appstore.