Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
Globanet, a global leader in specialized solutions for archiving implementations, data migrations and e-discovery, today announced its latest version of Globanet Merge1. This latest release, Version 4.1, includes three new social media features and six enhancements. An API-based product, Globanet Merge1 is an affordable, user friendly way to merge all company data streams into a single repository of records of text-based transactions. Globanet Merge1 archives unstructured data into Symantec’s Enterprise Vault from sources such as: Bloomberg, Reuters, MindAlign, Skytel, Face Time IM, Blackberry SMS and Blackberry Pin-to-Pin.
In version 4.1, Globanet Merge1 provides expanded support for social media to include connectors to download data from the popular social media networks of LinkedIn, Microsoft Yammer and SalesForce Chatter. Organizations using these social networks can now capture posts, discussion threads and other data from these sites. This data can be used for compliance storage to any Globanet Merge1 target, including Cloud archive solutions.
“The astounding rate at which both individuals and corporations generate unstructured data today and the increasing adoption of social media outlets create serious challenges for teams seeking to align their data streams,” said Jackie Ervin, Director of Product Management of Globanet. “Globanet Merge1 v4.1 uniquely empowers our users to move forward by dramatically reducing backlogs and uncovering more data faster than was ever possible before.”
Globanet Merge1 4.1 includes six enhancements designed to make tasks easier for the user:
- BlackBerry Connector to Split the Name.ID: The BlackBerry Messenger parser behavior is modified allowing the ID to be dropped from Name.ID field. This results in leaving behind only the BlackBerry users display names during import.
- Bloomberg Tags Utilization: Globanet Merge1 is now importing Bloomberg message tags such as "OriginalSender", "OnBehalfOF", "ForwardedTo" and "ForwardedBy". These tags are available in the message body when the “Include Message Headers” processing option is selected.
- Enhanced Bloomberg Email Address Use. An option is added to the Bloomberg Connector Configuration Window which enables the user to prioritize/choose the Bloomberg Email address going to be used by Globanet Merge1: BloombergEmailAddress or CorporateEmailAddress. If the primary choice address is empty then Globanet Merge1 will use the next priority Email address automatically.
- Import Tweets for More than One User. The Globanet Merge1 Twitter connector is enhanced to import multiple Twitter accounts in a single importer.
- Important Connector Properties are Locked. Globanet Merge1 connectors have properties that play crucial roles during message creation and import history. These properties are disabled for editing as soon as the importer runs at least once in order to prevent any complication occurrence during the import process.
- Outlook 2010 Support. Globanet Merge1 is enhanced to support Outlook 2010 x86 for Exchange and Symantec Enterprise Vault targets.
Globanet provides a simple yet powerful solution in Globanet Merge1 v4.1. It is quick and easy to install and use yet provides unparalleled performance. Version 4.1 unites disparate data sources into one centralized, consolidated archive allowing for streamlined search and recovery processes.
Globanet Merge1 supports advanced SMTP options, such as pipelining and authentication. This conversion process allows an organization to exercise further control over all e-communication through email archival solutions.
Pricing & Availability
Globanet Merge1 v4.1 is available starting today. Please contact Globanet at (888) 427-5505 or email sales(at)globanet(dot)com for pricing information.
Globanet is a leading provider of archiving and e-discovery solutions worldwide. Founded in 1996, the company is a pioneer in archiving and intelligent information governance, and has developed a portfolio of software and services to help organizations manage data from creation to expiry. Globanet’s proprietary solutions include the Merge1 message capture platform and GEM data migration software. A Symantec Platinum Partner with Master Specialization in Archiving and eDiscovery, its professional services team has extensive experience with industry-leading Enterprise Vault and Clearwell. Globanet’s broad range of services includes policy and solution design, installation and configuration, data migration, custom add-ons and project-based e-discovery consulting. For more information, call (888) 427-5505 or visit http://www.globanet.com. Visit the Globanet Blog at http://www.globanet.com/news-and-events/globanet-blog or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/globanet.