"The most important life lesson I learned as a Michigan athlete was the importance of team, of unity . . . how rewarding it is to be a part of something that is greater than yourself." Marlin Jackson
Ann Arbor, MI (PRWEB) October 24, 2012
Go Blue Then and Now, a not for profit corporation, is coordinating a national event to raise awareness for numerous charitable foundations created by Michigan alumni football letter winners.
On Saturday night, October 27, 2012, dozens of Michigan M Men will be gathering at venues nationwide to join Michigan fans to watch the Michigan vs. Nebraska football game. At each venue, one particular charity will be featured. The gathering will allow local fans to learn about players in their area of giving back. The national focus is to share the broader Michigan legacy of philanthropy by both the Michigan Athletic Department and those who learned values on the Michigan playing fields.
Fans will have an opportunity to interact with former Michigan stars, enjoy watching the game, and get items autographed by players in attendance. There will also be raffles and other fun events.
The venues, featured players, and information abut the charities are as follows:
- Washington DC – The June Family Foundation. The June Family Foundation works with disadvantaged and at-risk youth by focusing them on success beyond the playing field. http://www.junefamilyfoundation.org/ The DC area venue is Buffalo Billiards 1330 19th St. NW Washington DC 20036. Players expected to be in attendance include: Cato June, Walter Cross, Doug Dutch, Prescott Burgess, Brian Smalls and James Whitley.
- Ann Arbor, MI – CancerKicker.org. This foundation created by Phil Brabbs raises money for cancer research. http://cancerkicker.org The Ann Arbor area venue is BTB Cantina 1140 S. University Ave. Ann Arbor. Players expected to be in attendance include: Phil Brabbs, Ron Bellamy, PJ Cwayna, Zia Combs, Earnest Shazor, Willis Barringer, Brent Cummings, plus many more.
- Indianapolis – Fight for Life Foundation. Marlin Jackson is the founder of Fight for Life whose mission is to help youth in the areas of education and wellness. http://www.fightforlifefoundation.org/ The Indianapolis Venue is Fox and Hounds 4901 E. 82nd Street, Suite 900 Indianapolis. Players expected to be in attendance include: Marlin Jackson, Josh Williams ,Tyrece Butler, Chris Graham, Brandent Englemon and Brent Blackwell,.
- Chicago, IL – MeanStreets Sports Inc. Tai Streets is a founder of Mean Streets whose mission is to train high school athletes with life skills that emphasize academics first. http://www.meanstreetsbasketball.com/ The Chicago Venue is Rockit Bar & Grill 22 W. Hubbard. Chicago, IL 60654. Players expected to be in attendance include: Todd Howard, Tai Streets, David Terrell, Rudy Smith, Jarret Irons, Bennie Joppru and Tony Pape.
- Dallas, TX Go Blue Then and Now, Inc. This not for profit was founded by Brandon Williams and other M Letter winners to use social media to raise awareness of both the history of Michigan Sports Philanthropy and the ongoing efforts to raise millions of dollars annual as Michigan coaches and athletes give back. The money raised at the Dallas event will go to the Dallas Local Alumni Scholarship fund. The Dallas area venue is Fox and Hounds 18918 Midway Road Dallas. Players expected to be in attendance include: Brandon Williams, Blake Nasif and David Underwood.
- Los Angeles, CA - CC Foundation. The Foundation founded by Chris Perry raises money for cancer research. The Los Angeles Area venue is 12th and Highland, 304 12th Street Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Players expected to be in attendance include: Chris Perry, Calvin Bell, Zach Kaufman, Victor Hobson, Courtney Morgan and Jerome Jackson
Go Blue Then and Now is a Texas not for profit corporation. Our mission is to be the Leaders and Best in utilizing social media as a cost effective way to support visibility and combine modest individual donations for the benefit of the ongoing Michigan Traditions and Legacies of sports related Philanthropy Brandon Williams is the Executive Director and Mike Keliher is the President. For information related to Football Night Out for Michigan Sports Charities, please contact us at 214 437-2011 or mike (at) keliherconsulting.com.