London, United Kingsom (PRWEB UK) 23 October 2012
For the first time in its 22-year history, small group adventure travel operator G Adventures is launching a comprehensive collection of trips in Australia and New Zealand. These destinations complete the company’s product line-up as the seventh and last continent it operates tours on.
G Adventures’ founder, Bruce Poon Tip, says the company has been researching and developing the new programme for two years, creating trips that give travellers different cultural experiences down under.
“We recognised an opportunity to offer something new and exciting in Australia and New Zealand, and to provide our guests with a different experience to what is available in terms of indigenous and community tourism. We included the local communities in the development of itineraries to ensure there’s a fair trade arrangement and that local people benefit from us being there.
“It’s a huge move for us to launch 25 itineraries in an entirely new market, especially as we’ve also just announced we’re the first adventure tour operator to offer 100% guaranteed departures for all our trips in 2013. Our loyal customers and agents tell us the demand is there, so we’re confident,” says Poon Tip.
The new Australia and New Zealand programme consists of four major routes: Sydney to Cairns and Melbourne to Darwin in Australia, and the North Island and South Island of New Zealand. Travellers can focus on one entire route or combine sections to create a customised itinerary. Tours vary from three to 21 days and are available in Yolo (18 - 35yo) and G-Plus (comfort) trip styles.
Accommodation and transport styles play an important part in the experience and include a tipi in a hippie commune, canvas swags under the stars, secluded eco-lodges, riding the Ghan train and staying on an historic yacht.
Departures to Australia and New Zealand start in January 2013 and are on sale now. The new Australia and New Zealand 2013 brochure will be available in travel agents from early-December.
Example itineraries include:
· On the three-day Northern Aboriginal Experience travellers learn about Aboriginal history, culture and contemporary life from the indigenous people. There are opportunities to study ancient traditions, make native artwork, learn how to hunt, and wander the beaches and lush valleys along the Daintree River. Priced from £399pp*.
· Travellers on the six-day Best of the North Island adventure take the back road to a remote conservation farm, kayak to a secluded harbour, stay at a coastal eco-camp in native bush land in the famous surf town of Raglan, visit the geothermal area of Rotorua to witness boiling mud pools and geysers, and enjoy a traditional Maori dinner. Priced from £499pp.
· The 17-day East Coast Encompassed Yolo trip sees travellers island hop through the Whitsundays, stay on a traditional sheep station and in a beach tipi, learning to surf at Byron Bay and spearing fish to eat with the local Aborigines. Priced from £1,919pp.
· The 21-day Australia in Style G-Plus comfort trip see travellers sampling vintages in iconic wine regions, learning to surf in Byron Bay, sleeping on a luxury tall ship in the Whitsundays, and snorkelling the world's most famous barrier reef. Priced from £3,519pp.
For more information please call 0844 272 2040 or visit http://www.gadventures.co.uk
- Prices do not include flights. Trips inclusions are listed at the links above.
About G Adventures
G Adventures is an adventure travel pioneer offering the widest selection of affordable small group tours, safaris and expeditions to more than 100 countries on all continents. It is the only adventure travel company to offer 100% guaranteed departures in 2013. Powered by an international team of passionate travellers, the award-winning trips embrace authentic accommodation, exotic cuisine and local transport to put travellers on a first-name basis with the planet’s people, cultures, landscapes and wildlife. The intimate, authentic and sustainable approach to small-group travel introduces travellers to the highlights of a destination while offering the freedom to explore it on their own. Whatever age, interest, ability or budget, G Adventures has a genuine life-changing experience. For more information please visit http://www.gadventures.co.uk.