Today, IVANS has more than 224,000 connections between agencies and carriers and we are committed to providing solutions that makes it easy for carriers to manage these connections, which IVANS ICE does.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
IVANS, Inc. announced today at the ACORD Implementation Forum that it has launched a new enhanced Insurance Carrier Exchange (ICE) web site to provide an easier way for carriers to manage the process of doing business electronically with their independent agents. IVANS ICE is the platform that carriers use to register agents and manage the distribution of policy and claims information electronically in batch format to the agents’ agency management systems.
This new IVANS ICE web site simplifies the carrier’s management of the data they send via IVANS ECS solution, which is the largest one-to-one, one-to-many data exchange platform in the industry. Using industry-standard formats, IVANS ECS allows carriers to download data to electronic mailboxes, enabling agents to use an automated process to pick up their policy data and load into the agency management system, without manual workflows on the part of the agency staff. ECS is used every day by the majority of insurance carriers across the nation, and manages over twelve million transactions monthly.
“As the largest insurance industry communications platform, IVANS is constantly working with our carriers and agents to implement enhancements to our agency interface solutions,” said Jim Ochiltree, President, IVANS Property-Casualty Services. “Today, IVANS has more than 224,000 connections between agencies and carriers and we are committed to providing solutions that makes it easy for carriers to manage these connections, which IVANS ICE does.”
Enhancements to ICE include:
- Single Sign-On – Previously carriers had to go to two different sites to manage agency relationships. IVANS ICE provides a single interface, and therefore single sign-on, to the functionality previously provided by the IVANS Agency Registration and ECS administrative websites.
- Credential Management Improvements – IVANS ICE allows carriers to better control the functions each specific user can perform. The functionality offered is tailored by type of user, but each company has the flexibility to modify that access even more, to better fit access to a users specific job responsibilities.
- Archiving – Files are archived on the IVANS ICE system to enable agents the ability to retrieve a policy or file if necessary. This archiving has been extended to 90 days based on requests of carriers.
- Carbon copy – Carriers are now able to copy data sent to one agency mailbox into additional mailboxes, as needed. This can be useful in situations where an agency has a service center that they want to make sure has access to the same policy data as the producers within the agency, or in cases where an agency is in the process of migrating to a newer version of their agency management system and needs a copy of the data for testing purposes.
- Enhanced Reporting – Carriers can access even more in-depth information about their implementations of download and real-time. Some of the existing reports have been extended to include additional information, and several new reports have also been added. These enhancements give carriers even more visibility into their agency interface initiatives, making it easier for them to track and manage those initiatives.
For 30 years IVANS, Inc. has been the largest insurance carrier exchange in the United States that is trusted by more than 350 insurance carrier customers and 30,000 independent agents nationwide. Known for being a forerunner of ACORD standards with numerous ACORD awards and ACE Certified Specialists, IVANS focus on agency-company interface solutions includes AL3 based policy and claims download, and XML real-time quote, issue and service transactions. IVANS, which was founded by 21 insurance companies and is headquartered in Stamford, Conn., also has offices in Tampa, Fla. and Cincinnati, Ohio. For more information, visit http://www.ivans.com/property-casualty.