Hauppauge, New York (PRWEB) October 23, 2012
Walkers Shortbread, the bakery from the Scottish Highlands beloved by generations of families worldwide, joins the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) for the 2012 Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Halloween Half-Marathon on Sunday, October 28, 2012.
As part of its ongoing partnership with the ASPCA, Walkers will be in attendance to lend support and help promote the ASPCA’s efforts to increase animal welfare initiatives nationwide. Walkers will be offering free product samples to attendees at a variety of half-marathon events including the Health & Fitness Expo on Friday and Saturday, October 26 and October 27, as well as the festivities to take place during and following the half-marathon on Sunday at the ASPCA Bark Park and Halloween Shelter Pet Costume Contest.
“We’ve spent the majority of 2012 working very closely with the ASPCA, ensuring that we leverage every opportunity to help support their cause,” says Lisa Sherman, Walkers Shortbread Brand Manager. “Having a part in the Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Halloween Half-Marathon allows us to work with the ASPCA on the ground and not just on paper. We will lend our support to the ASPCA throughout race weekend to ensure a successful turnout for everyone involved.”
Walkers Shortbread will support Team ASPCA, the ASPCA’s national endurance training and fundraising program, and provide its renowned shortbread cookies and entertaining activities for those in attendance at the scheduled events corresponding with the half-marathon. Walkers Shortbread will have product samples at the event locations and times below (all times PT):
- Friday, October 26 from 12–6 p.m. / Health & Fitness Expo at the Los Angeles Convention Center: Walkers will join Team ASPCA EXPO booth #109 as well as the Social Media Kiosk. Product samples will be available to those attending the expo.
- Saturday, October 27 from 9:30 a.m.–12 noon / Team ASPCA Coaches Breakfast at Loews Hotel Hollywood: Walkers joins the ASPCA at their welcome breakfast and provides product samples for the organization to kick off the Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Halloween Half-Marathon.
- Saturday, October 27 from 2–4 p.m. / Health & Fitness Expo: In addition to providing product samples at booth #109, Walkers will host cookie decorating of its whimsically shaped Scottie dog cookies, a free, family-friendly activity.
- Sunday, October 28 from 7:30 a.m.–12 noon / Team ASPCA Bark Park at Rock ‘n’ Roll Finish Line Area: Those awaiting the end of the race can visit the Bark Park for a taste of pure butter shortbread from Walkers.
- Sunday, October 28 from 8:45–9:15 a.m. / Celebrity Judged Shelter Pet Costume Contest at Rock ‘n’ Roll Los Angeles Main Stage @ LA Live: While awaiting the adorable results for the Shelter Pet Costume Contest, onlookers can munch on Walkers Scottie Dog Cookies.
In addition, to kick-off the half-marathon festivities, Walkers will offer an exclusive promotional code to those who attend the LA Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon benefitting the ASPCA. Those who visit WalkersUs.com/ASPCALA will receive a special promotional code to be used with the purchase of any Scottie Dog item or any shortbread or cookie varieties, which will allow consumers to receive a 20% discount on their order plus a free 3.9oz box of Scottie Dogs. What’s more, for each individual who takes part in the promotion, Walkers will donate an additional $1 per order received to the ASPCA. This exclusive offer will end November 16, 2012.
Walkers and the ASPCA began their corporate partnership at the beginning of 2012, with Walkers committing to a 10-cent donation from sales of each of its Scottish terrier-shaped shortbread cookie products directly to the ASPCA. Walkers will provide a minimum guaranteed donation of $25,000 to the organization to help support the ASPCA’s efforts to end animal cruelty.
For more information about Walkers Shortbread’s partnership with the ASPCA and the exclusive promotion following the LA Rock ‘n’ Roll Half-Marathon, please visit WalkersUs.com/ASPCALA. Walkers Scottie Dog products can be purchased online directly from Walkers and at select retailers nationwide.
About Walkers Shortbread
Walkers was founded in 1898 and is the leading brand of food exported from Scotland. The family-owned company offers the widest range of shortbread, traditional cookies, cakes, oatcakes and puddings to over 80 countries, and continues to operate its original retail shop in the Scottish Highlands village of Aberlour. The company's products contain no artificial flavorings, colorings or additives and are certified kosher OUD. For more information, please visit http://www.walkersus.com.
About the ASPCA
Founded in 1866, the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) is the first animal welfare organization in North America and serves as the nation’s leading voice for animals. More than two million supporters strong, the ASPCA’s mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services. For more information, please visit http://www.ASPCA.org, and be sure to follow the ASPCA on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.