at Reroof America we respect the right of consumers and understand that when mistakes happen, the way you handle it is critical. That is why we are members of reputable dispute resolution agencies like the BBB
Edmond, OK (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
It is well documented that the average life span of a small business in the roofing and/or construction business is very short. Reporting agencies like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) have suggested that a high percentage of roofing companies are out of business within the first five years. It is no surprise that roofing companies and construction service companies consistently rank high in terms of negative reviews and complaints.
Reroof America Contractors, who currently operates over 10 roofing offices, has been through the good, the bad and the ugly that goes with being a roofing and construction business. The good is, over 60,000 roofs completed in over 15 states and a solid business foundation since 1979… that is over 33 years! The bad is, when you do that many roofing projects there is a chance that a mistake happens everyone in a while. “Any service company that says they have never had a legitimate complaint, is being less than forthright, at Reroof America we respect the right of consumers and understand that when mistakes happen, the way you handle it is critical. That is why we are members of reputable dispute resolution agencies like the BBB,” said Mark R. Lenzer Vice President of Sales for Reroof America Contractors. Then there is of course the ugly, which include slanderous false accusations with no viable dispute mediation vehicle. “There are a few “for profit” websites out there that prey on small business like Reroof America by allowing anyone to post anything about a company without evidence, support or confirmation of accurate information. These websites are said to be consumer protection… but they are just the opposite,” said Lenzer. These websites are great with Search Engine Optimization and can ruin the reputation of a good company without a shred of truth. Their “dispute resolution” service can end up costing a small business thousands and thousands of dollars, with really no guarantee of success. They are the reason for the existence of so-called reputation management companies that can cost a small business tens of thousands of dollars.
So what advice does Reroof America Contractors offer to consumers and contractors with regards to complaints?
1. Write a good / proposal and contract that clearly lines out the work that you are doing and the expectations of your customers. Make sure that payment and warranty information is clear. Say what you are going to do, and do what you say.
2. Over communicate during the project. Most of the times when customers are unhappy it can be boiled down to poor communication during the project.
3. Hire good employees / sub-contractors. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch… so a little extra care in hiring the right people is well worth the effort.
1. Do you due diligence up front. Make sure that you check the financial stability of a company you do business with… chances are if they are a financially strong company, they have taken care of their customers and business, and will be around to take care of any problems.
2. Be clear with your expectations. Don’t sign a contract for one thing expecting another.
3. If you do have a complaint, start with the contractor, may be this is something that can easily be remedied.
4. If you are not getting the response from your contractor, use a legitimate complaint service like the BBB or Angie’s List. Avoid using fraudulent sites that may use your information for marketing purposes.
About Reroof America Contractors
Reroof America Contractors and Reroof America Management Corporation are owned and managed by J.R. Emrich, President. The companies began in the roofing industry in 1979. J.R. Emrich and his companies operate debt free and utilize multiple suppliers in several states. Bonding capability is up to 4 million dollars. The Dun and Bradstreet credit rating for the company is 1R2 and the D&B # is 83-696-7372.
Reroof America is based out of Edmond Oklahoma, Reroof America has offices around the US, having completed over 60,000 roofs in over 16 states over the past 33 years.
Reroof America’s primary business is residential roof replacement; however several locations have commercial roofing divisions, window divisions and offer other residential construction solutions. Reroof America is fully licensed and insured in all states within which it operates, and is a member of NRCA, BBB and multiple local and regional associations.
For Information About Reroof America Contractors, Reroof America Corporation, Reroof America Management, or Metro Roofing, contact Mark Lenzer at: 800-755-3530 or mlenzer(at)reroofamerica(dot)com or follow reroofamerica on Facebook or Google+.