Retailers and manufacturers need to have mobile-optimized content because shoppers demand it.
Cleveland, OH (PRWEB) October 30, 2012
Mobile shopping using smartphones and tablets continues to grow significantly. From September 2011 to September 2012, mobile shoppers viewing interactive product content provided by the clients of Easy2 Technologies increased from 4.5% to 14.7% of all traffic. In addition, Easy2 has found that mobile traffic on Saturdays is 34% higher than average daily traffic, and Sunday mobile traffic is 30% higher.
“We have been watching mobile shopping increase over the last year,” said Ethan Cohen, Easy2 CEO, “and our findings support our position that retailers need to have mobile-optimized content because shoppers demand it.”
Key findings of the Easy2 research:
- In September 2011, smartphone traffic accounted for 2.3% of all product content views and tablet traffic was only 2.2% of all views – a total of 4.5%. One year later, smartphone traffic increased to 5.9% of all views and tablet traffic to 8.8%, a total of 14.7%, a 12-month increase of 226%
- The percentage of smartphone shoppers has grown 156% and tablet shoppers have grown 300% in this time span.
- Mobile as a percent of all merchandising network traffic increases on Saturdays and Sundays. Mobile traffic on Saturdays is 34% higher than average daily traffic, and Sunday mobile traffic is 30% higher.
- 38% of all mobile traffic happens on Saturday and Sunday, and 50% of all mobile traffic happens on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Sunday mobile traffic is especially notable, as it is 46% higher than average daily mobile traffic.
Shoppers are accessing product merchandising content on their mobile devices in large, and growing, numbers, especially on the weekends. Weekend mobile merchandising content consumption confirms that shoppers engage with product content to help make purchase decisions, whether they are using a tablet at home to research products or are using a smartphone in the aisle to learn more about them.
(This data was supplied by Easy2 and encompasses its network of retailers and manufacturers. Easy2 gathers anonymous information on mobile shopper behavior based on their interaction with product demos.)
About Easy2 Technologies: Easy2 (http://www.easy2.com) connects manufacturers, retailers and consumers with engaging and educational merchandising content that coverts shoppers to buyers. Clients include leading consumer products manufacturers and online retailers such as Lowe's, Sears, Toys 'R Us, DeWALT, Britax, Mitsubishi and hundreds of others.