London, UK (PRWEB UK) 25 October 2012
Robots are increasingly being used within the military to detect and locate bombs and used to carry out jobs proven too risky for humans. With developments increasing and more money being invested into new advanced technology, for example iRobot Corp has just received a $10 million contract from the U.S. Army's Robotic Systems Joint Program Office, there comes no better time to discuss the future of robotics used within the military and the impact the machines will have on our lives.
Attendees will have the chance to gain insight into the latest technologies being used by companies to create robots which serve military purposes and have the opportunity to be a part of the debate which surrounds the ethical and legal issues around the subject. How ethical is it to use artificial intelligence on the battlefield verses humans? Join in the the discussion by registering at http://www.smi-online.co.uk/militaryrobotics30.asp
Robotics experts to speak at Military Robotics 2012 include:
- Dr.Bill Powers, Research Fellow, Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory
- Lieutenant Colonel Sandor ZSIROS, Head of Technologies Department, NATO EOD COE
- Lieutenant Colonel Ian Scattergood, Explosive Ordanace Engineering, Defence Academy of the UK
- Professor Geet De Cubber, Head of Autonomous Mobile Robotics Laboratory, Royal Military Academy of Belgium
- Hugo Rosemont, Security Analysist and Adviser, Kings College London
To register and to view the full speaker line-up please visit - http://www.smi-online.co.uk/militaryrobotics30.asp
About SMi Group
The SMi Group is a highly professional, independent and global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses, and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defense, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
For more information, please contact Teri Arri via email at tarri(at)smi-online.co(dot)uk or call on +44 (0)207 827 6162.