“We view our customers as our neighbors. Our goal is to provide RCN TV viewers with information about events and shows that make the Lehigh Valley wonderful. The re-launch of RCNTV’s website helps fulfill that goal.” -Sanford Ames, Jr.
Lehigh Valley, PA (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
An active member of the Lehigh Valley community, RCN, the region’s preferred cable service provider, has re-launched the website of its community television station, rcntv.rcn.com. “We’re excited about debuting a more comprehensive website,” said Sanford Ames, Jr., VP and General Manager, RCN Pennsylvania. “We view our customers as our neighbors. Our goal is to provide RCN TV viewers with information about events and shows that make the Lehigh Valley wonderful. The re-launch of RCNTV’s website helps fulfill that goal.”
The broadband Internet provider has enhanced the new website with the addition of an interactive TV calendar showcasing local events, sports games, and shows that air on RCN TV. The days and times of popular regional programming will also be included. The channel can be viewed on RCN channel 4/1004 (HD) in Lehigh Valley and channel 8/608 (HD) in the RCN Philadelphia area.
RCN TV offers in-depth, comprehensive broadcasting of local sports teams, including Lafayette College and numerous high school teams within the greater Lehigh Valley region. It regularly airs live sporting competitions and replays them the following morning, allowing viewers to partake and relive the action.
Knowing that Lehigh Valley residents are sports fanatics, a portion of the website will now be dedicated to providing in-depth information about local sportscasters, complete with frequently updated blogs from RCN TV sportscasters Gary Laubach and Chris Michael to give updates about regional teams and players. Visitors will also be able to interact with Gary and Chris by posting comments on the blog topics themselves.
In addition to local sports coverage, the channel will provide coverage of community events, such as The Great Allentown Fair, Celtic Classic, parades and more.
RCN TV proudly airs engaging local programming completely unique to Lehigh Valley and Delaware County residents, including:
- Community Spotlight hosted by Dan Mowdy, which features interviews with groups and individuals discussing current events and happenings within the community
- The Jolly Joe Timmer Polka Show, the longest running Local Origination Program in the nation where viewers can call in with requests and dedications
- Connex, introducing residents to the newest, hippest hangouts and dynamic, up-and-coming local personalities
- Pennsylvania Crossfire, where panelists discuss local and national political events and the impact on Pennsylvanians
- RCN Sports Talk, where viewers join Chris Michaels as he interviews sportswriters, coaches and announcers around the Sports Roundtable
In addition, working with local and national producers, RCN TV’s schedule has recently expanded to include programming not available anywhere else in the Lehigh Valley, reflecting the Digital Cable and Internet provider’s commitment to providing customers great new forms of entertainment.
- Save the Kales! is a show that features Jaime K., a local blogger, as she cooks her favorite vegan dishes, visits local businesses and spreads the word about living a plant-based lifestyle.
- Tune into the RCN Movie Vault all week to watch classic comedies, dramas, westerns and musicals that represent the best of Hollywood, with titles starring Bing Crosby, Elizabeth Taylor, Jose Ferrer, Bob Hope, John Wayne and more.
- Enjoy throwback classic TV sitcoms and drama series including Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, Man with a Camera (starring Charles Bronson), The Adventures of Robin Hood, The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet, The Jack Benny Show, Mr. & Mrs. North, One Step Beyond, Dragnet, Roy Rogers and The Lucy Show. Then laugh along while watching a young Betty White develop her comedic timing in not one, but two, shows - Life With Elizabeth and Date With the Angels.
- Hosted by Marlena Midnite, the cuddly cadaver, Midnite Mausoleum chronicles the wacky adventures of Marlena and her puppet friends as they share some of the scariest horror and sci-fi movies.
The home telephone service provider is actively involved within the community, supporting organizations such as the State Theatre, Dream Come True, and the Zoellner Arts Center. The revamped website furthers RCN’s commitment to bringing Lehigh Valley residents closer together.
The site has been completely re-developed with a new design and layout to give users a better experience. The area’s preferred high speed Internet provider now delivers richer, more robust, and easier-to-find information.
The revamped website follows other initiatives to redefine the company, including the creation of more than 200 U.S. based customer support positions, rolling out HBO GO and Max GO for mobile and tablet devices, three year price guarantee packages, and an all-new programming schedule for RCN TV featuring new shows, movies and more to delight viewers of all ages.
To learn more, visit rcntv.rcn.com or call 800.RING.RCN for low prices on cable and Internet bundles.
## ## ##
About: RCN Telecom Services, LLC (http://www.rcn.com) provides industry-leading high-speed Internet, all digital TV and Phone services for residential, small/medium and Enterprise business customers. RCN’s affordably-priced advanced digital services are delivered through their proprietary, state-of-the-art fiber-rich network and supported by 100% U.S.-based customer service. RCN's primary service areas include Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, Lehigh Valley (PA), New York City, Boston and Chicago.