End America’s Republican Jinx uncovered a loophole in the system that could cost Mitch McConnell, every Republican Senator & the entire House Republican leadership $1,000,000 apiece & could end the filibuster as a Republican weapon forever.
Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
If Warren Gould, founder of End America’s Republican Jinx, gets his way, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s four year campaign to make President Barack Obama a one term president could end up costing him, his Republican Senators, and the House Republican leaders over $1,000,000 apiece..
When the Democrats regained the White House in 2009, the country was on the verge of falling into its second Great Depression (#1) in 80 years. Republicans were being blamed for this crisis. And now the Democrats were poised to fix the economic mess in which the Republicans left the country. Republicans had the following reasons to panic.
The last time the Democrats were in the White House from 1993-2000 under President Bill Clinton, the country experienced the longest period of economic growth (#2) in its 216 year history. Nearly 23,000,000 jobs (#3) were created (41% more than were created during the Republican’s Ronald Reagan years) (#3). The Democrats not only balanced the budget four years in a row, Democrats delivered budget surpluses that were projected to total $5.891 trillion from 2001 to 2011 (#4) that would leave the
U. S. with $0 national debt by 2011 (#5).
"The Republicans were well aware that Democrats knew how to bring the country out of its worst economic crisis in 80 years," says End America's Republican Jinx founder Warren Gould. "And the Republican leadership knew that when the Democrats helped 23,000,000 unemployed and underemployed Americans go back to work, it would be decades before a Republican would ever be elected president again. The Republicans had to stop the Democrats from growing the economy and creating 23,000,000 jobs again. And here’s how they decided to do it."
The Senate Republicans would use the Senate filibuster, a procedural device that was often used only once or twice during a two-year Senate session (#6). The Republicans used the filibuster 246 times (#6) in less than the first 4 years of the Obama Administration to block almost every effort brought by President Obama and the Democrats to do what the Democrats had already proven they could do 10 years earlier during the Clinton administration: put nearly 23,000,000 people back to work.
“Everyone took for granted that the filibuster could only be eliminated with a change in the Senate rules, and then only once every two years at the beginning a new two-year congressional session,” (#7) says Warren Gould. “But End America’s Republican Jinx has uncovered an overlooked loophole in the system that could cost Mitch McConnell, every Republican Senator, and the entire House Republican leadership, $1,000,000 apiece and could end their use of the filibuster as a Republican weapon in a matter of days.
“Had End America’s Republican Jinx discovered this filibuster loophole on January 20, 2009,” continued Gould, “the Republicans would not have been able to block the Senate from passing the same economic policies Democrats used from 1993-2000. If not for those 246 Republicans filibusters:
1) 12,000,000 jobs could have already been created since 2009; and 2) the country could be right now on the road to creating 24,000,000 jobs by the end of President Obama’s second term in 2016; 3) the country could start producing balanced budgets again, like the four the Democrats created in 1998, 1999, 2000 and the one they handed the Republicans in 2001; and 4) the United States could be on its way to zeroing out the national debt, just as Democratic economic policies originally projected the debt to be $0 by 2011 if only the Republicans had stayed the economic course mapped out by the Democrats.”5
For more details on how to eliminate the filibuster overnight…
Founder, End America’s Republican Jinx
1. Paul Krugman, 2008 winner of the Nobel Prize for Economics, calls it a depression in his book “End This Deepression Now”
2. FactCheck.org (http://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/clinton-and-economic-growth-in-the-90s/)
3. Bureau of Labor Statistics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms
4. Bruce Bartlett on amount of surplus
5. Paid off debt by 2011(based on CBO figures)
6. Filibuster numbers
7. Filibuster rule