New York, New York (PRWEB) October 25, 2012
Be prepared with critical items to weather Hurricane Sandy especially back-up power. Federal and private forecasters say - much of the U.S. East Coast has a chance of getting hit by gale-force winds, flooding, heavy rain and maybe even snow early next week by an unusual hybrid of hurricane and winter storm.
Currently, Hurricane Sandy in the Caribbean, an early winter storm in the West, and a blast of arctic air from the North have the potential to collide over the country's most populous coastal corridor starting Sunday. The worst of it should peak early Tuesday October 30th, but it could stretch into mid to late next week, forecasters say. On Tuesday, the 18th named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season passed well west of the U.S. naval base at Cuba's Guantanamo Bay, knocking out power for most of the 5,500 people living on the base and ripped some non-military boats from tie-downs, leaving them scattered on the beach.
Key Preparation for a Hurricane
- One gallon of water per person per day, for drinking and sanitation;
- Non-perishable food and a manual can opener;
- A battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA weather radio with tone alert and extra batteries;
- Flashlight and extra batteries;
- First aid kit;
- Whistle to signal for help;
- Filter mask or cotton t-shirt, to help filter the air;
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation;
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities;
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place;
- Important family documents in a waterproof container;
- Items for unique family needs, such as daily prescription medications, infant formula or diapers:
- Back-up power (generator should be checked if you have one and if you do not consider ordering one before available units are depleted).
AP Electric can help with your back-up power needs. Founded in 1999, AP Electric is a North American pioneer in e-commerce of generators & electric supplies (ships to all 50 US states). With over 44,000 customers, they stock & sell a comprehensive line from the leading manufactures of residential, commercial and industrial generator systems to the United States (air cooled & liquid cooled; whole house, managed & portable; multiple fuel options).
14 RESA (14kW) AP’s Price $3491, Sale Price $3342, Save $149
14 RESAL (14kW) AP’s Price $3699, Sale Price $3540, Save $159
20 RESAL (20kW) AP’s Price $4949, Sale Price $4735, Save $214
AP Electric has hundreds of generators in stock (at the most competitive prices) for immediate shipping (Champion, Cummins-Onan, Generac, Honda, Kohler, Pramac, Westinghouse, and Yamaha). Headquartered in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, Illinois, they can be reached at http://www.apelectric.com or at 847-516-8882.