Win FREE PIZZA FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR by competing in the legendary Pizza Eating Contest or the infamous Hands on an Eggplant Sub (HOES) Contest.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) October 27, 2012
Get ready for the biggest, brightest, best-est birthday party-pizza extravaganza-charity fundraising event-carnival happening in Austin this year: Home Slice Pizza announces its 7th annual Carnival-O-Pizza, Saturday, November 10, 2012, with all proceeds directly benefiting local nonprofit Austin Bat Cave. Like a circus. Better smells.
The Home Slice Carnival-O-Pizza is at once a celebration of the art of hand tossed pizza, a seventh birthday party for the restaurant, and a charitable endeavor intended to give back to the community that has made Home Slice one of Austin’s favorite eateries. This year’s Carnival-O-Pizza will be held Saturday, November 10, 2012, from 12 to 7 PM. Austin Bat Cave is the Carnival’s charitable recipient for the second year in a row. The 2011 Home Slice Carnival-O-Pizza raised over $20,000 for Austin Bat Cave.
Full details on the Home Slice Pizza blog (http://homeslicepizza.wordpress.com/carnival2012/).
About Austin Bat Cave:
Austin Bat Cave (ABC) Austin Bat Cave is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides children and teenagers (ages 6-18) with opportunities to develop their creative and expository writing skills. They connect a diverse population of young writers and learners with a vibrant community of adult volunteers in Austin. All of their programs are free. (http://austinbatcave.org/)
"After last year’s event our relationship with ABC blossomed and we wanted to make a real difference in their bottom line. We’re thrilled to be raising money for them again and we hope we can donate even more than the 20k we raised in 2011,” says Home Slice Pizza co-owner and Austin Bat Cave board member Jen Strickland. "This is really a passion project for our entire staff,” adds co-owner Terri Hannifin. “Our crew volunteers for countless unpaid hours leading up to the carnival in planning, design, sign painting, and pounding the pavement for raffle prizes.”
Manuel Gonzales, ABC’s Executive Director, says, "I'm a writer and even I can't say clearly or enthusiastically or deliriously enough how excited I am that Home Slice Pizza has asked Austin Bat Cave to be a part of the Carnival-O-Pizza for a second year. Last year's carnival meant so much to the growth of our small organization and was so much fun and helped us raise so much money that we could not believe our luck when they asked us to partner with the Carnival again. And this year's Carnival, I just know, is going to be even better than last year's."
About the Carnival O’ Pizza and Home Slice Pizza:
For the past six years Home Slice Pizza has successfully hosted an all-day carnival that is uniquely Austin. The Carnival-O-Pizza is a mix of Coney Island, the San Gennaro Festival in NY’s Little Italy, a circus, and a backyard carnival fundraiser. It’s a veritable smorgasbord of zaniness where you can:
- Win FREE PIZZA FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR by competing in the legendary Pizza Eating Contest or the infamous Hands on an Eggplant Sub (HOES) Contest.
- Be the only human (or being of any kind really) to be able to RESERVE A TABLE at Original Home Slice for an ENTIRE YEAR by buying a ticket to the Gigantic Raffle. You can also win:
- A custom made Dublin Bottling Works belt drive bicycle ($7K value)
- Hotel stays at Hotel San Jose and Hotel Saint Cecilia
- Stuff from just about every one of our neighboring businesses here on SoCo.
- Witness as pizzaoli from local shops Little Deli & Pizzeria, Saccone’s Pizza and Subs, Southside Flying Pizza and Mellow Mushroom test their pizza tossing skills against Home Slice’s best. Contests include fastest and largest stretch.
- Catch performances by Big Don, Minor Mishap Marching Band, The Love Leighs, Little Stolen Moments, Break dancers, Graffiti Artists and more.
- Wander through a homemade Midway full of wacky pizza-themed carnival games featuring lots of prizes for kids.
- Enjoy concessions including beer from Real Ale Brewing Company, beverages from Dublin Bottling Works, and you guessed it, pizza from Home Slice Pizza.
The 2012 Carnival-O-Pizza is sponsored by STAG, Dublin Bottling Works, Real Ale Brewing Company and Gehring Co. and is staffed entirely by a pool of volunteers including current and former Home Slice Pizza employees, Austin Bat Cave tutors and pupils, and Home Slice’s volunteer army of “regular” people from the community, The Pie Club.
Home Slice Pizza is an independent Austin neighborhood pizza joint serving authentic NY-style pizza – by the pie or slice – to nice people like you. Home Slice offers their homemade, hand-tossed, bona fide pies for either dine in or carry out.
Home Slice Pizza has won best pizza in the Austin Chronicle Reader’s Poll every year since 2007, was named #6 overall favorite restaurant in the 2011 edition of the Chronicle poll, and has been featured in local and national press including Texas Monthly, Delta Sky Magazine, Austin Monthly, Tribeza, Austinist, Spin, and Every Day with Rachael Ray.