Taipei Taiwan (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Advantech (TWSE: 2395.TW) today announced the industry’s broadest range of products designed with the Intel platform for communications infrastructure formerly known as “Crystal Forest.” The products allow Network Equipment Providers (NEPs) to utilize Advantech’s Customized COTS framework to create differentiating feature sets and deliver flexible, scalable and efficient solutions ahead of their competition. Engineered to shorten design times and accelerate the insertion of new technologies, they enable significant time-to-market advantages for OEMs.
Advantech’s Customized COTS framework combines the benefits of standard products with the advantages of custom design. It helps Network Equipment Providers accelerate the introduction of solutions where flexibility, scalability and performance per watt are equally important to delivering differentiation, protecting investments and lowering total cost of ownership. Customized COTS is based on standard products that have been designed with later customization in mind to enable distinct features and custom IP integration without the risk of expensive, time consuming full-custom ODM designs. The products being released today will allow customers to scale their product lines and easily adapt them for future network needs with the ability to consolidate multiple workloads onto a single platform:
-PCIE-3214 is the industry’s most powerful solution for fast and secure network performance, freeing up significant headroom for other workloads. This multi-chip, multi-module Intel® QuickAssist accelerator is a half length PCIe card with four Intel® Communications Chipset 89xx Series chips on board designed to boost encryption and compression workload efficiency for the white-box and OEM server market. The PCIE-3214 will allow OEMs to better protect users along with their data and provide for greater traffic throughput using Intel®-based hardware acceleration technology.
- FMM-5006 is an Intel® QuickAssist accelerator on a Fabric Mezzanine Module (FMM). Deployable on Advantech’s MIC-533x series ATCA blades and hi-end Network Application Platforms, it accelerates bulk encryption and data compression and makes it easier to bring fast, secure processing to all network elements. Utilizing Intel® QuickAssist technology, multiple FMM-5006 modules can accelerate secure traffic up to 100Gbps on the platform to give customers the ability to handle many more secure transactions and without the cost of specialized solutions.
- FWA- 3250 and FWA-3220 are desktop and 1U rackmount systems based on the Intel® Celeron® 725C, Intel® Pentium® B915C, Intel® Core™ i3-2115C Intel® or Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1105C. Their feature sets target the entry level security and network appliance market, providing greater cost and power efficiency to equipment providers in areas such as Network Security, QoS and Network Optimization.
- FWA-6510 is a dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 based Network Application Platform designed for maximum performance, scalability and functionality in a 2U rack mount footprint. It supports up to 384 GB of ECC memory and provides 80 PCIe gen 3 lanes feeding up to 8 Network Mezzanine Cards (NMCs) for modular, configurable networking I/O and acceleration. The platform supports up to sixteen 10GbE interfaces paired with four Intel® Communications Chipset 89xx Series chips for best in class I/O connectivity and throughput.
- MIC-5333 is a dual Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 ATCA blade with built-in flexibility for today’s product line and for future network needs. The multiple FMM sites on board are designed to bring extra flexibility for product differentiation as well as improving ATCA fabric and Intel® QuickAssist acceleration scalability to future-proof next generation networking platform designs. In dual-dual star topologies each MIC-5333 provides up to 160Gbps of network connectivity to the backplane. The FMM-5006 mentioned above adds scalable hardware acceleration features for encryption and compression.
- NeTarium ATCA Systems range from 2-slots to 14-slots, providing system-level switching capacities of over 1.28Tbps at the high-end for up to 12 MIC-5333 blades with 192 Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 cores. Based on a single Intel architecture, the systems provide the packet processing and application performance necessary to support a wide range of software workloads such as policy and charging enforcement, network security, real-time traffic monitoring, load balancing, subscriber analytics and content optimization among others.
“Network Equipment Providers can utilize the broad range of new options with Advantech’s Customized COTS framework built on the Intel platform for communications infrastructure to deliver flexible, scalable and efficient solutions to respond to rapidly changing customer needs.” said Franz Wei, VP R&D, Advantech. “In fast-evolving networking markets this provides clients with increased agility for addressing dynamic market opportunities.”
“With products based on the Intel platform for communications infrastructure, equipment makers can now consolidate multiple workloads to increase network efficiency with fewer platforms – platforms built into the latest generation of boards, blades and systems from Advantech.” said Steve Price, general manager, Intel Communications Infrastructure Division. “They will allow OEMs to build equipment for service providers capable of understanding and processing traffic closer to the source, which will in turn enable them to monetize much faster on new services.”
“Equipment providers want increased efficiency and are recognizing that a single, software focused architecture saves significant design time and cost”, said Peter Marek, Director x86 Solutions, Advantech Networks and Communications Group. “Customers will now be able to use a single common platform which scales from table top appliances all the way up to multi-100G ATCA systems to create a broad product line which helps significantly reduce overall development and manufacturing overheads. Finally, work load consolidation onto a single architecture enables software definable network elements which dynamically adapt to varying traffic and user scenarios without sacrificing quality of service. This lays the foundation for higher network efficiency and intelligence without compromising user experience and operator margins”.
Full information about the new product range is available at : http://www.advantech.com.tw/nc/newsletter/eDM/scalability/
About Advantech – Founded in 1983, Advantech delivers trustworthy industrial computing solutions that enable intelligent applications. Our operation is divided into two segments: Branded & Solution Business and Embedded Design-In Business. We cooperate closely with solution partners to provide products and customized solutions in a wide array of applications. Advantech operates an extensive support, sales and marketing network in 31 countries and 71 major cities to deliver fast time-to-market services to our worldwide customers. (Corporate Website: http://www.advantech.com). For Telecom and Networking markets, Advantech provides mission-critical hardware to the leading telecom and networking equipment manufacturers. Advantech’s standard and customized products are embedded in OEM equipment that the world's communications infrastructure depends upon.