By having gold coins in a portfolio over one large bar, it provides the flexibility to sell just one of the coins or any part of the portfolio.
(PRWEB UK) 29 October 2012
Gold prices rose on Monday as US economical growth picked up in the third quarter, with gold prices climbing by $4.24 an ounce to $1,715.
With gold prices rising once again, and many looking to the precious metal for stability and a hedge against inflation, Physical Gold has received enquires about what form is the best to invest in. Gold bullion coins and bars both have advantages and disadvantages depending on the type of investment. Physical Gold releases details on both:
- Physical Gold only sells gold coins that are globally renowned and of the highest quality so they are easier to sell when an investor wishes to cash them in. By having gold coins in a portfolio over one large bar, it provides the flexibility to sell just one of the coins or any part of the portfolio.
- The value of gold coins is above that of a similar amount of gold in bar form because their value consists of both the intrinsic value of the gold content as well the additional premium the coin demands. Its premium will depend on the type of coin, rarity, design, age and collector’s demand.
- Most investment take places in coins as they offer better value to the investor and enhanced liquidity.
- Gold bullion bars consist of the most actual gold for its price, as its value solely consists of the gold content.
- Bullion bars are currently the only type of gold that qualifies as part a UK pension. When bought as part of a pension, up to 40% discount can be saved from the price of the bars through tax relief.
Physical Gold Ltd is a leading UK gold dealer, helping investors diversify their portfolios with innovative investment solutions. Renowned for their ground breaking products such as the Sipp gold and Gold Accumulation Account, the firm specialise in providing customers with tailored assistance in sourcing the best gold for their personal requirements. Based in London, the team are BNTA accredited and have an unrivalled knowledge of the gold market as well as an exceptional understanding of the general financial markets.