(PRWEB UK) 31 October 2012
Earlier this month the Office of National Statistics reported that, during August, the trade deficit in the UK widened by £4.2 billion. This implies that the improvement to the economy that the government are looking for from the export trade has not become a reality.
Many businesses are still looking to trade overseas but just need the help to know how to do this in a cost-effective way at a time when it is hard to take risks.
British export business Sunny Sky Solutions is relocating its headquarters to Uruguay in January with the aim of providing clients with a more hands-on service from within Latin America.
Sunny Sky Solutions works with a wide range of businesses from the manufacturing to the food and beverage sector looking to export their products to the emerging Latin American markets. Latin America, with strong growing economies such as those of Brazil, Mexico and Colombia, has not been hit by the global recession. Sunny Sky Solutions offers a portfolio of support including market research to enable informed business decisions about exports into this part of the world, finding distributors or partners in the region or exhibiting at trade shows.
The new Sunny Sky Solutions headquarters will be based in Montevideo, the capital city of Uruguay – a small yet stable country strategically located between Argentina and Brazil. Over the last nine years, its economy has seen an average growth of 5.3% and it was named as the third most competitive country for business in South America earlier this year.
Managing Director Gabriela Castro-Fontoura was born and raised in Montevideo, although she has lived in the UK for over 13 years. She has given many presentations about export, including at an event run by StartUp Britain called TradeUp Britain which took place at London’s City Hall and covered all aspects of going global. Earlier this month she attended an event at the Gaucho in London to discuss how to maximise British and Latin American trade relations. Some of the other attendees included Branding Latin America, NHG Lawyers and the Mexican Chamber of Commerce.
Castro-Fontoura is thrilled with the opportunities this move will bring to the business and its clients. She said: “We can be their eyes and ears in Latin America as we are able to travel and meet potential partners, attend trade shows and do in-country market research for them.”
Sunny Sky Solutions has become the first port of call for businesses wanting to expand into this market including Silver Cross and Mr Stanley’s.
Tony Conroy, Export Sales Director of Ellis Patents, said: “From a business perspective, it is invaluable to have someone we know and trust, who understands our business, our values and how we work, working from a very strategic location within South America."
If you’re interested in finding out more about what Latin America can offer you then email Gabriela at gabriela(at)sunnyskysolutions(dot)co(dot)uk or visit http://www.sunnyskysolutions.co.uk for more information.
Latin American export stats and facts (from Foreign Secretary William Hague’s Canning Lecture in November 2010):
· In 1808, 40% of British exports were sent to Latin America
· Currently UK exports to Latin America make up barely 1% of all international exports to the region
· We export over three times more to Ireland than we do to the whole of Latin America – a region with 576 million people and 20 sovereign republics
· Our trade with Brazil – a country of almost 200 million people is less than half of our trade with Denmark
· Germany now exports nearly four times as much to Latin America as we do
Notes to editors
1. Sunny Sky Solutions is a channel development and management specialists for Latin America that uses rigorous research and analysis to aid business development. Services include market research, distributor recruitment, support with marketing communications and trade shows.
2. For more information, a high-res photo, case studies or to arrange an interview with Gabriela Castro-Fontoura, please contact Fiona Kyle on fiona(at)wordsbyfionakyle(dot)co(dot)uk or 07500 068509.