The Affordable, Superfast 4G 10” Tablet
(PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Owning a full-screen tablet with 4G technology built in will become more affordable tomorrow with the launch of the Telstra 4G Tablet.
Priced at $480, the Telstra 4G Tablet is a powerful device combining ultra-fast 4G mobile internet speeds for streaming video and web browsing with a high definition 10.1 inch touch screen, designed for enjoying books, apps, movies or playing games like Angry Birds.
Anthea Roberts, Director, Telstra Mobile, said the Telstra 4G Tablet was created to cater for tech-minded Australian families.
“Given Australians’ appetite for technology we know that mobile tablets will be on many shopping lists this holiday season,” Ms Roberts said.
“We think the Telstra 4G Tablet will be a popular option, taking the latest touch-screen technology and making it accessible to everyday Australian families,”
“Its versatility is a big drawcard, providing entertainment that keeps the kids amused to reading e-books, checking email or catching up on Facebook.
“And with 4G mobile connectivity built in, customers can watch HD YouTube clips, stream music and enjoy rich internet content traditionally confined to a PC screen.”
Ideal for use at home or out-and-about, the Telstra 4G Tablet:
- Is wrapped around a 10.1 inch HD, 1280x800 resolution screen.
- Runs Android™ 4.0 which features improved customisation and the ability to access applications like internet browser and Facebook with one gesture from the lock screen.
- Lets owners browse, buy and download more than 600,000 apps, games, books and more direct from Google Play™.
- Is powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core processor for fast multi-tasking and smooth video playback.
- Offers 4G web speeds in more than 100 metropolitan and regional locations across the nation including all capital CBDs for faster browsing, video streaming with less buffering and video chat with fewer interruptions than 3G connectivity.
- Is built for endurance with a large 6900 mAh battery that supports continuous video playback for up to nine hours.
- Has 16GB of internal memory (expandable to 32GB) so owners can take their favourite movies, photos and documents with them on the go.
- Comes with a 2 megapixel front and 5 megapixel rear camera for video chat and taking photos.
- Is easy to take on the road weighing in at 670 grams.
Pricing and availability
Customers can purchase the Telstra 4G Tablet outright for $480 and team it with Telstra’s Pre-Paid Data+ Cap offer, which allows customers to top up data as and when they need. A range of recharge denominations are available.
Customers can also purchase the Telstra 4G Tablet on a plan that includes a generous monthly data allowance and which allows eligible customers to pay the device off over 24 months. For example, personal customers can purchase the Telstra 4G Tablet on a Telstra Data+ Tablet Plan for $49 per month after using the MRO bonus over 24 months with 4GB of included data each month to use in Australia (min cost $1,176).
Telstra Business customers can purchase the Telstra 4G Tablet and team it with a range of Telstra Mobile Broadband® Member Plans over 24 months, including Shared plans, giving business customers the ability to share unused data across eligible services on the same account while in Australia.