Boulder, Colo. (PRWEB) October 30, 2012
WHAT: A gathering of local volunteers and artists to create, gather and mail personalized greeting cards from the community to recognize U.S. military servicemen and women, veterans and their families this holiday season. Hosted and sponsored by Boulder, Colo. based greeting card company, Card Gnome, The event support’s the American Red Cross’ Holiday Mail for Heroes initiative.
This Holiday Mail for Heroes card signing event runs in parallel with Card Gnome’s own holiday program called Cards for Heroes. The Cards for Heroes program will run through December 7, 2012 to ensure military members receive their cards for the holidays. Simply browse and select from the vast collection of cards available at CardGnome.com and personalize the message online. Then, select the “Send to a hero” option and Card Gnome will mail to the American Red Cross who will deliver the card to an American service member or veteran. New Card Gnome members that sign up with Facebook.com/CardGnome will receive their first card for free. Otherwise, all cards sent to service members are $4.99 and include all postage and shipping costs.
Card Gnome brings the convenience of a favorite card store, writing desk and local post office all in one place online. CardGnome.com has a library of over 6,000 greeting cards on the site, all created by a community of the industry’s top greeting card designers from around the world.
The Holiday Mail for Heroes card signing party is open to the public, all ages, to participate by creating and writing personalized greeting cards that will be mailed to veterans and members from all branches of the U.S. military.
VISUALS/SOUND CLIPS (**camera crews and photographers welcome**):
- A community gathering of 20-30 volunteers collecting, creating, stacking, writing, enveloping hundreds of greeting cards for veterans, military families and active military personnel for the holidays.
- Bundling and stamping the stacks of cards to be mailed to military personnel all over the world.
- The volunteers will be personalizing the letters by writing messages of thanks for the holidays.
- In addition to hundreds of greeting cards, we'll have a large poster with messages for our troops that will be posted at the local chapter of American Red Cross.
- Joel Wishkovsky, Co-Founder and CEO of Card Gnome, the host and greeting card sponsor of the days’ gathering.
- Veterans, servicemen and servicewomen and military families.
- Local artists who are volunteering artistic abilities and time to professionally create cards for this initiative.
- Community members who are volunteering their time to create, write, gather and mail cards to remember our troops with greeting cards.
- A spokesperson with the American Red Cross.
WHEN: November 12, 2012 from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. MT
WHERE: Common Grounds Coffeehouse located in downtown Denver at 1550 17th St., Suite 110 on the corner of 17th and Wazee. More information online at: http://www.commongroundscoffeehouse.com/
About Card Gnome
Card Gnome is an online greeting card company offering personalized paper cards. Based in Boulder, Colo., Card Gnome offers the ease of online ordering, while remaining dedicated to preserving the time-honored tradition of receiving real cards in the mail. The company works with an exclusive community of professional card designers from around the world. Customers can select from thousands of cards and schedule delivery up to one year in advance. Card Gnome’s technology focuses on helping people find the perfect card. All cards are printed on 100% recycled card stock and packaged in biodegradable materials. For more information, please visit http://www.cardgnome.com and follow on Facebook.com/CardGnome and Twitter.com/CardGnome.