(PRWEB UK) 30 October 2012
SMi’s 2nd annual Social Media within the Military & Defence Sector 2012 conference takes place in 2 weeks on the 14th and 15th November 2012, London, UK.
The conference provides the perfect forum for leading military speakers, government officials and industry professionals to discuss and debate the latest developments in social media and the way forward.
There are a few places remaining so make sure you contact James Hitchen on +44(0) 20 7827 6054 to secure your place or register online at http://www.smi-online.co.uk/military-socialmedia35.asp
Key topics to be addressed include: The use of social media by terrorists; YouTube – How the Bundeswehr took advantage of a global phenomenon; The moulding of social media to a particular culture or structure; The influence of social media on British Military culture; Social media – secure or unsecure?
The expert speaker line-up includes:
- Pippa Norris, Head of Digital Engagement, Ministry of Defence, UK
- Nick Jones, Deputy Director, Prime Minister's Office and Cabinet Office
- Carsten Grueber, Senior Industry Manager, Government & Education, Google
- Colonel Douglas Anderson, Director, US Air Force
- Erik Lagersten, Director, Communications, Swedish Armed Forces
- Adam Proctor, Digital Media Manager, RAF, UK
- Steven Mehringer, Head, Communication Technologies Section, NATO Headquarters
To view the full speaker line-up visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/military-socialmedia35.asp
In addition delegates will have the chance to attend two workshops taking place on the 13th November.
- Creating a sustainable social media presence - Andrew Morton, Digital and Social Media Manager, Purple Strategies
- Social Media as an influence tool in conflict and post conflict – led by NATO School Germany
Hear what last year's attendees had to say...
“The best I have attended. Great international flavour and multiple perspectives of social media lessons learnt”
Director of Public Affairs, US European Command
“Great speakers and ideal topics”
Digital Media Manager, RAF
Director, Army Public Affairs, Department of National Defence, Canada
To register and to view the latest conference programme please visit - http://www.smi-online.co.uk/military-socialmedia35.asp
About SMi Group
The SMi Group is a highly professional, independent and global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops and Masterclasses, and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defense, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
For more information, please contact James Hitchen via email at jhitchen (at) smi (dash) online (dot) co (dot) uk or call on +44 (0)207 827 6054.