Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
As record-shattering downpours and hurricane-speed winds tear through the Northeast, U.S. residents are reminded of the importance and value of Travel Insurance. Protect Your Bubble, a specialty insurance brand offering a wide range of convenient and affordable insurance plans provides protection against hurricane-related trip cancellations and delays when traveling.
According to FlightStats.com, over 13,000 flights were cancelled in North America from Saturday, October 27th to Monday, October 29th due to Hurricane Sandy. Some airlines will offer passengers a rescheduled flight at a later date, however many do not cover monetary losses ensued for unused, non-refundable prepaid trip expenses or the cost of a trip delay or missed connection. You may also have non-refundable expenses from pre-paid hotels and excursions.
Protect Your Bubble offers a variety of travel insurance options perfect for hurricane victims including:
- Trip Cancellation- Provides reimbursement for unused, non-refundable pre-paid trip expenses if you are prevented from taking your trip due to a covered reason.
- Trip Interruption- Provides reimbursement for unused, non-refundable pre-paid trip expenses if your trip is interrupted due to a covered reason. Also provides reimbursement for the additional transportation cost to return home or rejoin your group.
- Travel Delay- Provides reimbursement for reasonable expenses incurred such as accommodations, meals and local transportation if you are delayed 6 hours or more during your trip due to a covered reason
- Missed Connection- Provides benefits for additional transportation expenses, local accommodation expenses and unused land or water arrangements if you miss your cruise or tour departure as the result of the cancellation or delay of 3 hours or more of your airline flight due to inclement weather (if benefits are not available elsewhere).
- Medical Emergencies - Provides up to $100,000 emergency medical benefit if you or a family member are injured as a result of the hurricane.
“Our hearts go out to those affected by Hurricane Sandy,” said Stephen Ebbett, President of Protect Your Bubble. “During times of hardship, the last thing you want to be worrying about is how you’re going to pay for spiraling travel expenses or medical bills when abroad. With Protect Your Bubble, you can travel the world worry-free, confident that natural disasters and flight cancellations will not leave you stressed and strained for money.”
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, and allows consumers to buy a range of tailored Travel Insurance plans. In the face of natural disasters, Protect Your Bubble offers 24 hour assistance to consumers who need help.
In addition to travel insurance, the niche company provides Gadget and Pet insurance. Prices vary depending on the product and level of coverage. For more information, visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering convenient and affordable insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for today’s modern consumer. Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches our lives. The brand provides a wide range of coverage plans for travel, mobile gadgets, home gadgets and pets. Find Protect Your Bubble USA on Facebook or Twitter (@PYBUSA). You can also visit http://www.protectyourbubble.com for more information, or to receive a two-minute quote on insuring all the things and moments you simply can’t live without.