The partnership allowed us to complete 3,000 personal interventions
(Virginia Beach, VA) (PRWEB) October 31, 2012
Edvance360, a leading provider of eLearning services and software solutions and a CODiE 2011 winner, announced the results of a partnership with Benedict College (SC): Student Success Rates were increased in the first quarter by 77%. The partnership included the creation of brand new features for Mentors as well as the deeper-integration of already existing collaborative tools.
“The partnership with Edvance360 and their new features allowed us to complete 3,000 personal interventions and referral to academic support services. The result during the first quarter was a 77% academic achievement rate for all freshman, above our targeted goal of 70%.” – Scott Blanks, Benedict College, Coordinator for the Center for Teaching & Learning
Student retention strategies play and ever-increasing role in the success of today’s academic institutions, especially with so many students ill-prepared for college rigors. Hardest hit are the schools with open-enrollment policies. We invite you to discover how Benedict College overcame this challenge, explore the process via the provided case study, understand its success and the factors for continued increases in student retention and completion. To watch a video or access a case study, click here.
“The social learning and collaborative online tools that form the basis of Edvance360 LMS-SN combined with the new Mentor Panel tools have provided the right combination Benedict College needed to make life-long, effective relationships with incoming freshman in ways that will benefit society. We are delighted at the results and look forward to helping other clients implement these measure to ensure they experience the same success. We all want our students in the next generations to succeed.” – Cathy Garland, Vice-President of Marketing & Sales
We invite you to consider joining Edvance360. We offer:
- Unparalleled Personal Support – Edvance360 is a demonstrated leader in its commitment to personalized support for its clients.
- Affordable Pricing – Edvance360’s pricing is significantly lower than any of the other commercial vendors. Pricing is regularly 30%-50% below competitor prices.
- Forward-Thinking Commitment – Edvance360 was the first LMS to combine social networking and other Web 2.0 tools (Wikis, Blogs, RSS feeds, etc.) with the academic features in a Learner Management System.
- Open Standards and Specifications – Edvance360 supports SCORM and Common Cartridge
- Learning Outcome Management (LOM) – Use our intuitive LOM tools to assess and manage learning outcomes on student, course, and institutional levels (no additional cost).
- ePortfolios – Enables students at colleges to manage a professional portfolio containing skills developed, documents published, experience gained, and recommendations garnered from teachers (no additional cost).
Edvance360 is an Internet-based Learner Management System (LMS) and secure social network that enables institutions to implement a successful online academic program. Edvance360 equips schools, corporations, and organizations to host online courses, implement modular courses, and revitalize residential courses. Edvance360 was designed by educators for educators, with insight provided by many of the leading educational design experts.
Our clients enjoy a high return on their investment, personalized support, and customizable solutions. We do not believe a one-size-fits-all approach is beneficial to our clients, so we are committed to adapting Edvance360 to fit the needs of the rapidly changing world of education.
Edvance360 is headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. For more information, please visit Edvance360.com or call 866-458-0360.
Edvance360 and the Edvance360 logo are trademarks of Edvance360 Corporation. All other company and product names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
About Benedict College
Founded in 1870, Benedict College is a private co-educational, liberal arts institution located in Columbia, SC. Benedict College has produced over 15,000 graduates and currently has 3,100 students enrolled in baccalaureate degree programs. Diverse Magazine recently named Benedict College one of the top 100 institutions in the nation graduating African American scholars.
Benedict College has the second largest undergraduate population of the 20 private institutions in South Carolina, and has become the fourth largest college in the College Fund/UNCF network.
Their website can be accessed at http://www.benedictcollege.edu.
Cathy Garland, VP of Marketing & Sales