We’re very proud to unveil the newest chapter in the Orlando’s nearly 30-year history, this renovation is really a gift to our guests and neighbors who have been so loyal over the years.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 02, 2012
The Orlando on Third – a boutique, family-owned hotel that has been welcoming guests to West L.A. for nearly three decades – has just completed a $6 million dollar renovation, including the October 2011 opening of a stylish new restaurant called, The Churchill by the owners behind the popular West Hollywood bar and eatery, The Hudson.
The recreated, 95-room Orlando now features guest rooms redone in a sleek contemporary style using earth tones and rich textures of wood, leather, marble and glass with:
- Plush mattresses with 300 thread count linens
- 42-inch high def plasma TV screens with on-demand movies
- Larger, marble bathrooms
- Gourmet honor bars with goodies from area eateries
- Evening turn down and daily newspaper delivery
Additional new hotel features include:
- Complimentary in-room wireless internet access throughout hotel.
- Executive floor with high-tech suites.
- Outdoor saltwater swimming pool and new sun deck.
- 24-hour fitness center featuring state-of-the-art equipment.
- Spa treatment room by Relax & Rejuvenate
- Lobby lounge with 50- inch plasma screen TV and library.
- Complimentary business center with PC’s, Macs, scanner, printer, copier, etc.
- Enhanced space for small meetings.
- Pet friendly rooms.
- Three meal restaurant with takeout window.
- 24-hour concierge services to provide guests with insider tips on the best hiking trails, pet day care, restaurants, museums, music venues, special city events, and more.
Located between Beverly Hills and West Hollywood, The Orlando Hotel provides guests with a unique Los Angeles experience – staying in a very walkable neighborhood in a city of cars. The family-owned boutique LA hotel is convenient for visiting The Grove and The Beverly Center, L.A.’s world-famous Farmers Market, Cedar Sinai Research and Medical Facility and even the L.A. County Museum of Art. The only hotel on Third Street in West Los Angeles, The Orlando Hotel is a landmark member of a community filled with creativity and authenticity – like Alexis Bittar Jewelry, Le Labo Perfumery, the Magnolia Bakery, Joan’s on Third, and more. With staff eager to share insider information on shopping, dining, and local events, guests get a real taste of L.A. living.
“We’re very proud to unveil the newest chapter in the Orlando’s nearly 30-year history,” explains Hotel Management. “This renovation is really a gift to our guests and neighbors who have been so loyal over the years and to future guests who are looking for a place that feels nearly as comfortable as home when they need to travel to L.A.”
To underscore what makes the location so special, in addition to the renovation the Orlando has undertaken additional projects includes shooting a video of interviews with local craftsmen, restaurateurs, shopkeepers and even Farmers Market vendors explaining how their story weaves into the fabric of the Third Street community. The staff is also creating monthly activity calendars of special local events which include suggestions of favorite nearby hikes, music venues, museum exhibitions and even dog parks. Hotel packages celebrate the neighborhood, as well, with current offerings including: “The Farmers Market Delectable History Package” complete with a Farmers Market cookbook and gift certificate and an “American Girl Package” for Moms, Daughters and dolls who love to visit this popular store at the nearby Grove Shopping Center.
Originally opened in 1984 as The Beverly Plaza Hotel, The Orlando has been a constant in a neighborhood that has evolved into the trendy, urban destination that it is today. The fashionable but friendly hotel is known for hosting entertainment and retail business travelers during the week and savvy L.A. visitors on the weekends.
The Orlando on Third is located at 8384 W Third Street, Los Angeles, California 90048. Reservations can be made online or by calling 800.62.HOTEL. Find The Orlando at http://www.theorlando.com, Facebook, and on twitter @theorlandohotel.