The WID National Conference affords a valuable opportunity for senior-level government and industry leaders to hear and address key areas of national security, and to make important contacts for business and professional growth.
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) October 01, 2012
NDIA has announced that the Women In Defense (WID) National Conference will be held on October 10, 2012, at the Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel in Arlington, VA.
To kick things off, the WID National Annual Dinner, scheduled for Tuesday, October 9, 2012, will feature the Hon. Erin C. Conaton, Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness. The WID National Conference, to be held on the following day, October 10, affords a valuable opportunity for senior-level government and industry leaders to hear and address key areas of national security, and to make important contacts for business and professional growth.
Some topics to be covered will include:
- Women’s Paths to Executive Leadership
- Defense Budget: What Sequestration Means to You
- Women at War
- View from the Services
- Cyber Security – Separating Fact from Fiction: Partnering with Industry to Pace the Threat
- The Strategic Outcome in Afghanistan
- Leading Change in Times of Fiscal Constraint
Panelists for “View from the Services” include:
- RDML Gretchen Herbert, USN, Commander, Navy Cyber Forces
- RADM Sandra Stosz, USCG, Superintendant, Coast Guard Academy, USCG
- Ms. Teresa Salazar, Deputy Chief, Office of Information Dominance; Deputy Chief Information Officer, USAF
- Dr. Grace M. Bochenek, Chief Technology Officer, U.S. AMC
- Dr. John D. Burrow, Executive Director, MARCORSYSCOM
Following this panel, CAPT Heidi Berg, USN, Military Assistant, Office of Director of National Intelligence; Deputy National Intelligence Officer, National Intelligence Council; Commanding Officer, NIOC Bahrain will discuss her recent return from Afghanistan in a speech focused on the topic of: “The Strategic Outcome in Afghanistan.”
For more information and to register for this event, visit http://www.ndia.org/meetings/3WID
The National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) is America’s leading Defense Industry association promoting national security. NDIA provides a legal and ethical forum for the exchange of information between Industry and Government on National Security issues. NDIA members foster the development of the most innovative and superior equipment, training and support for warfighters and first responders through our divisions, local chapters, affiliated associations and events.