Hollywood, CA and Dallas, TX (PRWEB) October 02, 2012
Redrock Micro, the recognized leader in affordable professional-grade cinema accessories, announced today the availability of the new lowBase camera baseplate for taller DSLR cameras and Red Epic/Scarlet. The lowBase delivers camera rigs and video accessories support for taller cameras including the Canon 1DX, Nikon D4 and RED Scarlet or Epic digital cinema cameras.
Delivers the Essential Features for Video Production
The lowBase transforms the camera body into a functional video production powerhouse. Its low profile adds no unnecessary height to the camera body. The lowBase locks at the bottom to secure the camera and delivers the features needed and desired for filmmaking and production with these great cameras.
Key features of the lowBase include:
- Industry-standard 15mm front rail support for attaching follow focus, mattebox and other camera-front accessories (60mm spacing).
- Industry-standard 15mm rear rail support for adding shoulderpad, external battery and other rig accessories.
- Lift n' lock repositionable thumbscrews.
- Rubberized pads securely grip and hold the camera body.
- Adjustable ¼ 20 screw for camera mounting to plate.
- Optional rear 3/8 16 for additional camera mounting point for RED Scarlet/ Epic.
- Storage bays on bottom of plate for additional ¼ 20 and 3/8 16 camera screws.
- Available as standalone baseplate or as part of a ready-to-go rig.
Designed for Canon 1DX, Nikon D4, Red Scarlet / Epic and Others
The lowBase is designed specifically for taller camera bodies so cinema accessories can be easily adapted and rigs can be quickly configured. It also works with popular DSLRs configured with a battery grip, such as Canon 5D MKII, Canon 5D MKIII, Canon 7D, Canon 60D and Nikon D800.
“We’ve been using the lowBase on our RED Scarlet for quite some time, and found the lowBase to be a great simple solution to building our rigs without over-complicating things,” said Chris Edwards, Cinematographer and Owner of Production Junction, a boutique camera rental shop in Manhattan’s East Village. “It’s a straightforward, bomb-proof piece of gear that requires minimal investment for a big return.”
“Up until now, support solutions for taller-bodied DSLR cameras have been limited,” said James Hurd, Chief Revolutionary at Redrock Micro. “The lowBase is designed specifically to rig and accessorize these larger camera bodies and transform them into serious production powerhouses.”
The Right Rig for You
In addition to the standalone baseplate, the lowBase is offered as part of four ergonomic, complete rigs. Jump right into production or use them as a starting point to create the perfect rig:
- DSLR Studio Bundle with lowBase - the ultimate rig for studio-based shooting on tripods, dollies, jibs and cranes.
- theEvent with lowBase - balanced, compact handheld rig ready for a follow focus.
- Field Cinema Deluxe Bundle with lowBase- comfortable shouldermount for all-day shooting.
- eyeSpy with lowBase - shouldermount with centered camera for rear LCD operator monitoring.
Professional-Grade at a Revolutionary Price
Like all Redrock-branded equipment, the lowBase is designed for 24/7 production environments. Aircraft-grade aluminum is precision-machined and extra weight removed wherever possible, resulting in compact, lightweight gear. Cinema standards ensure compatibility with other Redrock equipment and third-party products. Redrock gear is designed and made in the USA and carries a lifetime warranty.
Whether a full-time professional, serious hobbyist, student or educator or aspiring amateur, Redrock products deliver quality results and last a lifetime.
For More Information
Additional details on the lowBase can be found at:
Pricing and Availability
The lowBase baseplate is priced starting at $199. It is available now for purchase direct from Redrock Micro’s website at store.redrockmicro.com or from Redrock’s worldwide network of authorized resellers.
About Redrock Micro
Redrock Micro revolutionized independent film production in the early 2000s with the M2 cinema lens adapter, and reinvented digital filmmaking in 2008 with HDSLR cinema rigs and accessories. Today, Redrock Micro continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning depth-of-field adapters, support rigs, focus controllers, and advanced cinema accessories. More information is available at redrockmicro.com.
Print-Ready Images and Resources
lowBase Baseplate for Tall-Bodied Cameras:
Redrock logo (.eps format for print)