These few tips will help you reduce the number of uncertainties and potential mishaps
Kent (PRWEB UK) 1 October 2012
Luggage Superstore advises that despite the technology available to keep luggage safe, a few basic precautions can be added on which can assist in keeping travel bags safe on the correct flight and designated arrival point.
- Remove any old labels with barcodes from previous trips to avoid incorrect digital scanning to the wrong destination.
- Use the electronic tagging device service- the cost is minimal compared to losing belongings and the stress of making airline claims etc.
- Pack and carry your own bag. Know the contents of the bag for yourself. It seems like an obvious thing, but it is still done; do not offer to carry any items for anyone else.
- Lock the bag with a secure lock. Using Zip-ties as a double lock can really slow down opportunists. If travelling to USA, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) locks are required on luggage.
- Keep valuables on person. Items like travel documents should be in sight at all times.
- Never leave bags unattended-this can apply even if going on a road trip, cruise or even a restaurant or cafe.
- Use bags or cases that are equipped with organisational compartments. This is a big help in keeping contents secure should the case accidentally pop open during possible mishandling. But the above tip can help this from happening also.
- Take out appropriate travel insurance that covers the loss of luggage and value of contents. Always read the policy contents right through, even make a list of questions and get them answered before committing to the policy.
These few tips will help you reduce the number of uncertainties and potential mishaps that can take away the fun out of a holiday trip.
Luggage Superstore established site is in West Kingsdown, Kent. Their aim is providing competitive prices of the highest quality luggage and top calibre Customer Service for online luggage shopping.