You can never underestimate the impact a manager has on the lives of the people who work for them. An abundant leader can empower, inspire and enrich a person’s life, while a deficient leader can render them hopeless.
(PRWEB) October 02, 2012
Training retail managers is so important as a lot of team members who are promoted to management roles do not succeed. Unable to take that next step up they:
1. Spend too much time doing what they know and feel comfortable with - like merchandising and selling, and too little time delegating, organizing and leading their department.
2. Shy away from dealing with difficult situations and holding courageous conversations.
3. Don’t know how to structure their day to accommodate the various tasks that are expected of them.
4. Fail to follow up on tasks they delegate to team members and, rather than holding the team member accountable for not completing the task, they rescue them by stepping in and doing it for them.
5. Fail to provide direction for their department, set goals or communicate much needed information.
6. They soon become stressed, demotivated and frustrated, along with their team.
Company founder Melissa Davies says - "Many first line managers may never have been to university, studied management or even read a book on management. They are pragmatic people who learn what they need just in time. They need a retail management training program that provides practical tools and techniques they can easily put into practice.
Authentic Training have launched a retail management training program to help newly appointed retail managers. They've spent a lot of time pinpointing the skills of exceptional retail managers and found the best ones:
1. Provide direction for their department, set goals and communicate progress continually – there is a common focus and purpose amongst team members
2. Motivate and inspire a team to give their best every day
3. Are sales coaches and mentors, providing practical tips and techniques to help salespeople reach their targets
4. Are great organizers and delegators
5. Are regarded as technical and functional experts which team members respect
6. Are fair but firm, respected and trustworthy.
Retail management roles shoulder a lot responsibility. There is the accountability for achieving company results; but above that there is the responsibility for people. You can never underestimate the impact a manager has on the lives of the people who work for them. An abundant leader can empower, inspire and enrich a person’s life, while a deficient leader can render them hopeless. Many leaders have good intentions, but they simple lack the skills to lead abundantly. Senior managers have a duty to provide them with these skills, which the Authentic Training package has captured.
Melissa Davies, Company Founder
Authentic Training specializes in developing innovative retail sales training packages that small business owners, managers and trainers can use for training retail staff. Their vision is to provide a suite of tools that empower retail teams to achieve unprecedented levels of success and professionalism.